How to recruit the best worldpackers for my property?
Understand how to use the platform to help you with recruiting travelers and check out tips about asking essential questions to get the best worldpackers.
Worldpackers is a platform of collaborative relationships that makes the connection between travelers and hosts, and that helps you to find volunteers that have the profile that fits what your project is looking for. That’s why we stress the importance that you, as the host, conduct a volunteer recruitment process considering what is needed for successful experiences, just like you do with the other people on your team.
1. Mapping the needs of your business
Before thinking about recruitment, it’s essential that you understand what your needs are. If you are looking for someone to help you with reception, for example, you should consider some important points:
- Will help be needed only during the day, or also at night? If during the night, does the receptionist need to stay awake the whole night or can they sleep at some point in time?
- What languages are normally used for this position? Does the volunteer need to be fluent in some language, or is an intermediate level sufficient?
- Does the worldpacker need to have a lot of contact with the guests? What is the degree of socialization?
- Are you looking for someone that already has experience with these tasks?
After mapping this out, check again if the information for your position is in order, and make any necessary changes to ensure that you receive travelers with expectations that are more aligned.
2. Add questions to your Questionnaire - with examples
Now that you know what your needs are, add questions to your Questionnaire to receive applications that are more specific. Some examples, aligned with the sample above, are:
- Can you communicate comfortably in English? What is your level of fluency?
- Do you feel comfortable interacting with guests? Including foreigners?
- Do you have any experience with reception? Tell us more in your application.
- For this position, you need to stay awake the whole night. Are you okay with this?
The more specific the questions you ask travelers, the better your chances are for receiving the right volunteer for your project.
Use this space also to spell out other important issues for the experience, like questions related to visas and documents, payment of fees, house rules, and attitudes expected of the travelers:
- What is the purpose of your trip?
- Have you volunteered before? Tell us about your experience.
- Do you have friends in the city?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you have the adequate documentation to volunteer in this country?
- Do you agree with all the property rules explained in the profile?
- Our property requires a fee. Are you okay with paying this?
- Do you have the necessary materials for the job (ex.: camera and laptop)? - for positions that require specific materials, or even if they need to bring a tent, etc.
It’s important to remember that Worldpackers does not interfere with the recruitment process of travelers, and it’s up to the host to perform this process using the tools offered through the platform, including the inbox.
We hope that with these tips you can filter and receive excellent quality applications, generating incredible experiences!