Dragonfly Ranch:Healing Arts Center in Kona Hawaii
Our beautiful indoor/outdoor accommodations attract people from all over the world! The activities include snorkeling, diving, kayaking, hiking, yoga, etc. We are situated on the southern side of Kona - only 3 minutes drive from the best snorkeling beach on the Big Island called "Two Steps".
We are 19 miles away from the heart of Kailua-Kona, so if you are interested in what the city has to offer, then our Ranch is probably not suited to your needs. Since we have our own little community of wonderful people, no one seems to mind that we are in the county, away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and city business.
As the "Ohana" team, we are a family of about 10 people who love to enjoy life and work together cooperatively - in loving harmony.
In exchange for your 25 hours per week help you will receive the following:
- Basic accommodations
- Grains (Rice, Quinoa, Oat Meal)
- Variable spices (for cooking)
- Greens from the garden (subject to availability)
- Purified filtered water
- Free internet with Wifi
- Clothes washing facilities
- Access to extended library
- Use of snorkeling gear for the first week
- Linens, towels, and toilet paper
Job Titles and Expectations:
Here at Dragonfly Ranch, we love to have multifaceted beings who can jump straight into projects with little guidance. We are making major changes here as we begin our journey into becoming a non-profit organization - An educational center for sustainable living and slowly phasing out of the B&B business. We hope to attract students who are willing to learn and teach sustainable living. We want passionate people who see themselves living a healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle in and out of Dragonfly Ranch. We may ask you to do things outside of your job title on occasion.
Those with the following skills are a plus:
- Biophilic design
- Ayurveda or any kind of healthy cooking passion
- teachers / coaches
- social media
We have two shifts - 7AM - 1PM AND 11PM - 5PM
each intern will be under the supervision of a housekeeping manager (permanent residents of Dragonfly Ranch) and can go to them for any questions or concerns. He or she is responsible for the morning checklist.
- cleaning kitchen upstairs and downstairs. (dishes, sweeping, moping)
- cleaning public bathrooms
- Laundry (B&B guests)
- Turning over rooms (B&B)
- Keeping public spaces tidy (the Leni and Illuminarium/ event spaces)
- cooking breakfast and for Wednesday meetings
- feeding dogs am and pm shifts
Under the supervision of Our constant gardener (permanent resident of Dragonfly Ranch).
- planting, transplanting
- weed pulling
- maitenance (on occasion)
- trash/recycling runs
- Bio digestor maitenance
- feeding chickens, and ducks
If you enjoy event planning, here is an opportunity to learn and grow alongside Dragonfly Ranch.
- set up / clean up for events
- media- marketing