Eco Caminhos is an Eco Farm that has the intention to become a fully self-sustaining community in Brazil, located in the peaceful city of Nova Friburgo - RJ. We work in order to produce our own in food, energy and building materials. We believe this is the ideal setting for humans to develop themselves, as we learn to live (coliving), work (coworking), evolve and resolve our problems together.
Our Mission is focused not only on sustainability, but mainly on social work by helping underprivileged youngsters that will get the chance of joining our apprenticeship program.
At the farm we are a multicultural team of volunteers learning how to implement and follow permaculture principles. Here you will be able learn about and practice bioconstruction (natural building), agroforestry (syntrophic farming) and renewable energy. In your free time you can share a nice healthy meal at a campfire, go hiking, refresh at our backyard waterfall or spend quality time with the other residents.
Attention, we have several positions available:
Farming / Agriculture / Agroforestry enthusiastic
Sales - (direct mailing / e-commerce)
Marketing specialist (CRM, SEO, online data and digital marketing)
6 reasons to join us:
]1) Beautiful location with a stunning view in the mountains
2) Soon (jan/19) we'll have an apprentice program for underprivileged teens and youngsters.
3) You will learn about bio-construction, permaculture, Eco tourism and renewable energy.
4) You will work in a very motivated, hard working and united team
5) Eco Caminhos believes in it's people. You will have the opportunity to become part of Eco Caminhos, generate your own income and stay long term
6) After a 3 month introductory period, if you want to stay you will have the change to participate in projects that can generate your income.
We have a very hard working team with a variety of skills. We have a good mix of local Brazilians and international volunteers. We take volunteering very serious as we want to choose the future managers from the volunteers. Volunteering in our view is an excellent form to get to know each other. You will be offered food, accommodation and internet (during the rainy season internet is weak). People work 40 hour weeks and we do expect all people to comply. It is physically tough and we demand a lot of the entire team. But we believe that this builds a unite team. Every person in Eco Caminhos does physical work. We lead by example.