Green Tortoise San Francisco
Our Hostel in San Francisco is re-opening June 1, 2021. Help us , to make up for lost time and create many great memories.
Our hostel in San Francisco is a full service, fun, comfortable and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), it is famous for entertainment, bookstores and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf and public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. Guests comment that walking into the building is like returning home!
We are looking for Helpers to join our already diverse staff and community of travelers. We are offering work trade for the Breakfast and Housekeeping. ** If all our positions are full for the time you wish to volunteer, we are a great hostel to stay at anyway with tons of value & very reasonable rates.
All jobs are unpaid and based on a work trade agreement. In exchange for work we are offering a bed in a shared room in our hostel. Along with this our hostel also provides free wifi, pool table & ping pong, huge Ballroom, fully equipped guest kitchen, social events and other amenities such as a dry sauna and guest laundry ($).
Work hours and days off are negotiable but the standard is:
- 23 hours a week for a week's accommodation.
- A $20 CASH refundable security/key deposit is required in $US on arrival.
- A weeks payment in advance based on the current rate (the full amount or part there of is refundable when you leave and is dependent on the number of hours you are ahead to get the total back)
- A shared female or mixed dorm will be provided from 4-8 people. Shared bathrooms along the hall.
- Ideally we are looking for someone who can stay 1 month.
- We are looking for upbeat and reliable people for 2021.