Happy Faces Summer Camp
- ROMANIA IS BEAUTIFUL and it's extremely WELCOMING! You will be located in the center of the country, Transylvania region, in a small village situated at 10 minutes away from Alba Iulia City (UNESCO Site).
- NO COSTS for meals and sleeping: we cover food & accommodation 100%.
- Hikes and TRIPS by BUS to other beautiful places like Turda Salt Mine, Corvinilor Castle, Apuseni Mountains, Ramet Monastery and many others (transportation and entrance tickets are covered).
- It's a FUN and EXCITING project; the volunteers will have all the necessary freedom and support they need to design and implement the camp’s activities ( the campers are between 7 and 15 years old). We are talking about a lot of fun doing things like: water fights, sports competitions, scavenger hunts, carnival nights, theater, music, karaoke and talent shows etc).
- The LOCATION IS PERFECT, it has everything we need, a lot of facilities and it’s as well situated in a nice and charming country side landscape, surrounded by nature.
- We saved the best reason for the end: the CHILDREN. They are amazing, very energetic, smart, lots of smiling faces, they get attached very easily and you will be their idol as soon as they see you! Trust us, it’s been tested already, just bring a good pen for autographs; in the last day of the camp you will be just signing t-shirts! :-)
The Camps are run by a FAMILY, so we are very easy going and we want as well to have fun while helping. After a first service here, most of our volunteers are writing that they would like to come back, so it might not be the first and last time we see each other...:-)
-LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS: you will meet many other young volunteers from all over the world, so it will be a great opportunity to make new friends and have a good time together, both at camp or during your free time!
What we will work on together?
- You will help us organize camp activities (sports, in-door and out-door games, name games, ice-breaking games, Karaoke, Arts & Crafts, Painting, Drama, Dancing, etc.) and you will participate in all the trips and hikes which will be organized!
- You are invited if you want to be and Activity Team Leader - which means that if you have a good idea about an activity that the kids might enjoy, you are free to implement it!
It can be an activity for a mini-group of 12-15 children or for the entire camp – around 120 children!
(here are some ideas that our volunteers had: Photo-journalism Course, Dancing, Theatre, Art Projects, First Aid Course, Aikido Lessons and so on..:-)
- Cleaning and related duties (after the workshops, for example, arts & crafts, or painting or when we do cut-outs and collages, etc.) it is in our responsibilities to leave the place clean after each activity (the kids will do the job but you need to get them organized!!).
- Also, we help serving the meals, once the plates are ready (we are a big group and it saves time)
- Spoken language: English (some kids speak German or Spanish, Italian so…that can help also!)
- Your age: between 18-35!
If you are interested to join us, drop an email!
We are looking forward hearing from you! :-)