South Currigee Campground
South Stradbroke is an island about 10 minutes off the gold coast. We run a small camping area here.
- Take the boat out fishing (We have a small boat which is able to be driven without a license)
- Use the paddle boards to cross between the islands on the calm water side.
- Snorkeling on the rocks on the southern tip.
- There is a world class surf spot at the Southern end of the island and smaller waves in front of our house for beginners. (We have a variation of hard and soft surfboards for you to borrow).
- Take the boat to the shops (runaway bay shopping centre is on the water)
- Go fishing and crabbing with crab pots
- Have a fire on beach
- Drive the boat to one of the islands beach resorts.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- I also go spear fishing usually once a week to get fish for dinner. If you would like to give this a try you are welcome to come with me (you will only be snorkeling until you have proven yourself safe).
Accommodation is in a cabin about 80m from the calm water and about 300m from the surf side of the island. The cabin is in a conservation park where you will commonly see kangaroos and other wildlife.
Backpackers have their own hangout area next to their cabin with air con, WiFi, couches, and projector screen. You also will have your own refrigerator, kettle, microwave, sink, toaster and BBQ to cook your own food.
We have stand up paddle boards, fishing rods, crab pots, surf boards, ping pong table, tinny boat, and a projector screen.
Our names are Lachlan and Emily. We have a 2 year old Kelpie, named Yarra and a 6 month old Border Collie named Gilbert. Emily mostly takes care of the administration work and I do most of the maintenance, gardening and cleaning. Lachlan is who you'll be working with the most.