Maka Ainana Farm Located on the Island of MOLOKAI
This is a true Hawaiian Paradise, often referred to as old Hawaii. Peaceful, Pristine, and Pure.
Maka Ainana Farm is a sustainable project working towards the beautification of organic gardens, and orchards with a revival towards Hawaii's food security. A retreat-like setting on the island of Molokai, located on the foothills of Kaluahaha Valley with beautiful sweeping views of Mt. Kamoku and ocean views of Pailolo channel. This is a true Hawaiian Paradise and Sanctuary! The farm is a short distance from the ocean with a public beach access being 2 miles away. A free shuttle bus is also available servicing Molokai with daily scheduling for ease of transportation and exploration throughout the majority of the island.
The farm requires volunteers that have a heart for Hawaii and want to give back to this beautiful land and people. Come with humility, respect, and a sincere effort!
Practical previous work experience is required with a sincere work ethic! Candidates with prior ''real life'' work experience will be given top preference. Maturity is what we are seeking, with a minimum of several years of work experience in a legitimate paid position, being preferred.
The farm offers sustainable techniques in farming and Eco building learning opportunities. We are establishing fruit forests with ongoing plant and orchard upkeep. We require a work trade of 21 hours weekly. This allows for lots of freedom and time to enjoy the beauty of Molokai. A minimum participation timeline is necessary so we can schedule and plan logistics appropriately. The minimum stay is 4 weeks although we prefer 8 weeks. Lodging consists of a private cabin or private screened sleeping quarters. Basic Eco amenities include a hot shower, camp kitchen, several lounge areas, a fire pit, a basic solar station, and more. The peaceful atmosphere of this pristine Sanctuary.
* Pristine Peaceful setting.
* Private outdoor hot shower, Spacious camp kitchen, Solar panel /charger.
* Spacious, private, clean comfortable accommodations.
* Excellent skill-building and learning environment. SUSTAINABILITY!
* Time warp= like going back in time. Serene setting, panoramic views, sacred and tranquil.
* Free Fruits included when available= Bananas, mango, papayas, passion fruit, etc. Basic bulk supplies are included to make simple meals. Organic greens from the gardens are also available for sharing. Occasional host sponsored dinners.
– Minimum amount of Solar power only. We have an inverter to charge laptops, phones, etc.
– No WiFi on site. Cell service is decent and one can use mobile data or cellular data for the internet at the farm, there is also free WiFi in town.
– Molokai being more rural has higher prices and much fewer shopping options than other islands. Simple living is good for the earth!
– One must be able to live simply & have funds to sustain your full visit!
Maka Ainana is looking for hardworking individuals who have a passion for growing fruit trees and gardening, as well as an interest in Eco construction. Volunteers / Interns should expect physical labor involving work outside, and hands in the dirt. While previous farming experience is much preferred, some type of past labor experience is mandatory and a requirement. HARD WORK. It is essential that candidates are committed to the farming lifestyle and all that it demands. Finding a good match between what our farm can offer and the needs or expectations of a visitor is important to us.
We look forward to more communication with you.