Maka Ainana Farm
This is a true Hawaiian Paradise, often referred as old Hawaii. Peaceful, Pristine, and Pure.
THIS IS DA SPOT, MOLOKAI MO BETTAH
Maka Ainana Farm , Molokai’s Sustainability in Action!
Maka Ainana Farm is a sustainable project working towards the beautification of organic gardens, orchards, and a revival towards Hawaii's food security. A retreat like setting on the island of Molokai, located on the foot hills of Kaluahaha Valley with beautiful sweeping views of Mt. Kamoku and ocean views of Pailolo channel. This is a true Hawaiian Paradise and Sanctuary! The farm is a short distance to the ocean with a public beach access being 2 miles away. A free shuttle bus is also available servicing Molokai with daily scheduling for ease of transportation and exploration throughout the majority of the island.
The farm requires volunteers that have a heart for Hawaii and want to give back to this beautiful land and people. Come with humility, respect, and a sincere effort!
Practical previous work experience is required with a sincere work ethic! Candidates with prior ''real life'' work experience will be given top preference. Maturity is what we are seeking, with a minimum of several years of work experience in a legitimate paid position, being preferred.
The farm offers sustainable techniques in farming and Eco building learning opportunities. We are establishing fruit forests with ongoing plant and orchard maintenance. We only requiring a low work trade of 14 hours weekly with only 2 days at 5 hours and another 2 days a week of only 2 hours. This allows for lots of freedom and time to enjoy the pristine beauty of Molokai. We offer an initial trial period of 3 days, with a ”mutually” agreement when arriving, after the trial period a minimum participation timeline is necessary so we can schedule and plan logistics appropriately. Lodging consists of a private screened sleeping quarters. Basic Eco amenities include hot shower, a shared camp kitchen, several lounge areas, fire pit, basic solar station, and more. The atmosphere of this pristine Sanctuary is second to none. Gardens are established and those serious about growing veggies can pursue growing their own sustenance. We will share all our gardening insights to assist in this endeavor.
* Pristine Peaceful setting.
* Low work hours, only 14 hours weekly. Plus daily duties.
* Private outdoor hot shower, Spacious camp kitchen, Refrigerator, Solar panel /charger.
* Spacious, private, clean comfortable accommodations.
* Excellent skill building and learning environment. SUSTAINABILITY !
* Time warp= like going back in time. Serene setting, panoramic views, sacred and tranquil.
* Free Fruits included when available= Bananas, papayas, passion fruit, etc. Some basic bulk supplies included. Organic greens from the gardens also available for sharing.
– Minimum amount of Solar power only. We have an inverter to charge laptops, phones, etc.
– No regular full meals are provided, other than some basic bulk supplies, fruits and greens. Please be prepared to eat simple and purchase food.
– No WiFi on site. Cell service is decent and one can use mobile data or cellular data for internet at the farm, there is also a free WiFi 2 miles away and at the library in town.
– Molokai being more rural has higher prices and much less shopping options than other islands. Simple living is good for the earth!
– One must be able to live simple & have funds to sustain your full visit!
Please contact us by EMAIL =
EMAIL = [email protected]
Name or Names and number of party?
Approx. Date of Arrival?
Desired length of stay?
Work experience or skills you can bring to this position?
Best times to reach you, from the Hawaiian time zone and contact number.
Chief Seattle said, “This we know. The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man does not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”
Mahalo from Maka Ainana Farm
Maka Ainana is looking for hardworking individuals who have a passion for growing fruit trees and gardening, as well as interest in Eco construction. Volunteers / Interns should expect physical labor involving work outside, hands in the dirt. While previous farming experience is much preferred, some type of past labor experience is mandatory and a requirement. HARD WORK. It is essential that candidates are committed to the farming lifestyle and all that it demands. Finding a good match between what our farm can offer and the needs or expectations of a visitor is important to us.
We look forward to more communication with you.