Rock Solid is a popular backpackers in the town center of Rotorua. Our house keeping team are currently looking for some friendly volunteers to help keep our hostel nice and clean. We are looking for applicants with a positive outlook and a can do attitude. No experience needed, we can teach you how to make a bed! Our cleaners live in a huge private area containing an 8 bed dorm, kitchenette and worker lounge. Central to everything!
16 Horas de ayuda por semana
Limpieza: Ayuda a limpiar la cocina, dormitorios, baños y áreas comunes.
Tareas domésticas: Cambia y lava la ropa de cama. Haz las camas.
3 dias libres por semana
Habitación del equipo: Eres parte de un equipo! Conócelos en tu dormitorio.
Cocina tu propia comida: Siéntete libre de preparar tu propia comida aquí.
Descuentos en tours: ¡No te pierdas de nada! Obtén descuentos y disfruta tu tiempo libre.
Descuentos en alojamiento: ¡Siéntete libre para explorar! Obtén descuentos en lugares amigos.
Lavandería gratis: Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Bicicletas a tu disposición: ¡Sube a mi bicicleta! Uso libre de bicicletas.
Más de 18 años
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
All applicants need to have / provide details of a:
- Valid Working Holiday Visa
- New Zealand bank account
- IRD number
Successful applicants will be offered a 'casual contract'.
Your rent is deducted from your wages, the 16 hours per week is enough to cover your accommodation. So you wouldn't usually make any cash in hand. However, you are welcome to find work at the nearby cafe's and restaurants - as long as the hours do not coincide with your hours here.
The hostel chores include:
- Making beds
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen
- Vacuuming, mopping and dusting
- Assorted chores like wiping windows and taking out trash
- Work 16 hours per week, a week being the 7 days from Monday to Sunday. 4 days on, 3 days off.
- If arriving or leaving part way through the week, you need only to work 2.5 hours per day that you are staying, EXCEPT on arrival day. Workers are not required to work on the day they arrive.
- Shifts are usually from 9.30am/10.00am to 1.30pm/2.00pm, however this may vary depending on the season.
So that all our workers enjoy their stay and get the most from their experience here, we have some rules in place. They are simple, but important
Worker Dorm Rules:
- Respect your area and your room mates by keeping it clean and tidy
- Do your own dishes, and clean any areas you make a mess on
- No drinking alcohol in this area
- No excessive noise after 10pm
- No visitors or other guests in this area
- Always keep your personal items stored in the bins/draws provided
- Do not use personal devices during shift
- Do not return to your dorm during your shift
- Ask for help if needed
- Take a water bottle with you while working
- Report to your supervisor if you have finished your job, and before you finish your shift
- Remember to fill in your time sheet