Help us with daily tasks and repairs
As a nonprofit retreat center, we rely on volunteer support for all our operations; we would be happy for you to join us. You will find it’s an opportunity both to give back through service, and to deepen your own personal development. Typically, your responsibilities will be in housekeeping, garden/grounds, or the kitchen (sometimes all three), although you may also help run programs or take on special projects. All staff help with dishwashing.
30 Horas de ayuda por semana
Mano de Cocina:
Ayuda a preparar, terminar y servir comidas.
Ayuda a limpiar la cocina, dormitorios, baños y áreas comunes.
Ayuda haciendo las camas y tareas domésticas.
Ayuda con los check-ins, check-outs y atiende a los huéspedes.
2 dias libres por semana
Tendrás una cama en un cuarto privado. Sí, un cuarto solo para ti.
Tienes derecho a desayunos gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Tienes derecho a almuerzos gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Tienes derecho a cenas gratis cada día de tu estadía.
Puedes usar libremente nuestra lavandería.:
Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Te buscaremos cuando llegues y te llevamos a nuestro lugar.
Clases de Yoga:
Toma clases de yoga gratis en nuestro espacio.
Puedes unirte a nuestras actividades terapéuticas gratuitamente.
Más de 18 años
Visa de Estados Unidos
Admite voluntarios solos, parejas y dúos
Lo que no está incluído
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
In bringing the openness, warmth, and clarity found through meditation into your volunteer service you are able to put the teachings into practice. In our intimate setting, volunteers work closely with teachers and senior practitioners to bring extraordinary programs to our guests. Together we create an experience that has the potential to transform lives.
In exchange for 8 hours of work a day, you receive:
• A free room private bedroom with shared bath
• Three delicious, vegetarian meals a day from our gourmet farm-to-table kitchen
• Daily community practice through our morning salutation and meditation program
• Twice weekly group instruction and practice through our Sunday and Tuesday mediation programs
• Unparalleled access to our teachers
• Free attendance at most Dharmakaya-produced programs, schedule permitting
Actividades & Turnos
Kitchen duties: Tasks include assisting the chef with food preparation, organizing supplies in the pantry and refrigerators, washing pots and pans, and cleaning up the kitchen and serving areas.
Facilities and Grounds: Warm-weather tasks include gardening, lawn and trail maintenance, and tree husbandry, as well as projects like window washing. Work during the winter months includes snow removal. Year around we keep the systems running and buildings in good repair. Maintenance and landscaping experience is preferred (though not required), but you must be able to do physical labor in variable weather conditions.
Housekeeping: Tasks range from making beds and doing laundry to washing floors and windows in order to keep our common spaces, bedrooms, bathrooms, storage areas and offices clean and in order. We welcome an appreciation for cleanliness and order—and attention to detail.
We seek volunteers who are professional and committed to providing exemplary service. Every interaction you have with retreatants, teachers and colleagues impacts the overall Dharmakaya experience—including yours.
• Enthusiastic, resilient and thoughtful demeanor
• Physical, mental and emotional stability
• The desire and ability to fulfill your commitment
• The discipline to commit to a schedule or process, including timeliness
• Strong aspiration and openness to learn
• An established meditation practice or strong intention to establish one
• The ability to take direction
• A friendly helpful manner towards guests, volunteers, staff and vendors
• The ability to live and work in in close proximity to others
• A commitment to our values and code of conduct (no meat, alcohol, tobacco, or recreational drugs)
• A sense of humor is also helpful