1. SOCIAL CONTEXT Ho Chi Minh City, despite being known as the most developed city in Vietnam, still lacks qualified English teachers, especially for Primary and Junior high schools. Some schools even assign teachers of other majors like Maths or Literature to teach English. Moreover, teaching method does not focus on communication but grammar rules and translation.
18 Horas de ayuda por semana
Enseñar Idiomas: Da clases de idiomas a huéspedes o en una comunidad local.
2 dias libres por semana
Habitación privada: Ten una habitación privada para relajarte por tu cuenta.
Habitación compartida: Preparate para conocer gente mientras te alojas en una habitación compartida.
Almuerzo: El almuerzo gratis está servido para todos, consigue el tuyo!
Cena: Ten tu cena gratis antes de ir a dormir.
Lavandería gratis: Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Tours gratis: No te pierdas de nada! Obtén tours gratis y explora.
Bicicletas a tu disposición: ¡Sube a mi bicicleta! Uso libre de bicicletas.
Traslado: ¡No te preocupes! Te buscamos sin costo para que llegues a nuestro lugar.
Clases de idiomas: Aprende o mejora tus conocimientos de idiomas.
Certificado: Obtén un certificado una vez que hayas terminado tu experiencia.
Más de 18 años
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
However, the gap between the rich and the poor in Ho Chi Minh City has been proved increasing instantly. Moreover, the unemployment rate is also climbing. This means not all families can afford continuous extra English courses for their children.
2. PROGRAM MISSION
The English Teaching Volunteer program aims at:
- Provide disadvantaged students in Ho Chi Minh City with free- of- charge English lessons
- Create an environment where children can learn and speak English with international volunteers to improve their fluency
- Boost children’s confidence through activities and games, which are carefully designed by specialists and volunteers
- Bring both local children and international volunteers chance to exchange their cultures and enhance intercultural communication
- Benefit young volunteers, both Vietnamese and international, in terms of experiences and life skills
3. TIME AND PLACES
Available all year round
- Monday- Friday: 3 hours/ day
- Weekends: 5 hours/day
Places: local schools, churches and other children houses in some suburban districts, Ho Chi Minh City.
- First day: Volunteers are picked up at the airport and accompanied by a local coordinator to their hotel. There will be another briefing (online briefing is conducted before the trip) at the office of the organization.
- Week day:
For morning shift:
7.30: Breakfast at local restaurant
8.00: Travel to placement site by bus/ motorbike or taxi if necessary.
12.00: Lunch break at a nearby restaurant
For afternoon shift:
12.00: Lunch at a local restaurant
1.00: Travel to the placement site by bus/ motorbike or taxi if necessary
5.00: Work finishes
Volunteers can freely travel on their own around the city of nearby if they are off their duty.