We're currently bringing an abandoned >7000 sq ft nursing home built in 1925 back to life to turn it into a BIKE & BED lodge. To get the project online, we are looking for passionate marketer to help us on a wide variety of projects. Ideal volunteer has marketing experience and experience in photography and videography (shooting and editing) will be a plus. Attention to details and project ownership will be necessary for this position.
21 Horas de ayuda por semana
Producción de Videos: Crea videos digitales.
Fotografía: Toma fotos increíbles.
Redes Sociales: Ayuda a construir y mantener las redes sociales atrayendo clientes.
1 dia libre por semana
Habitación compartida: Preparate para conocer gente mientras te alojas en una habitación compartida.
Habitación del equipo: Eres parte de un equipo! Conócelos en tu dormitorio.
Desayuno: Obtén tu desayuno gratis, la comida más importante del día.
Almuerzo: El almuerzo gratis está servido para todos, consigue el tuyo!
Cena: Ten tu cena gratis antes de ir a dormir.
Cocina tu propia comida: Siéntete libre de preparar tu propia comida aquí.
Lavandería gratis: Hay un lugar especial donde se lava la ropa sin costo.
Bicicletas a tu disposición: ¡Sube a mi bicicleta! Uso libre de bicicletas.
Clases de idiomas: Aprende o mejora tus conocimientos de idiomas.
Más de 21 años
Vuelos, Seguro de Viaje, Transporte Interno y Visa
*️️️️️️️️️ Minimum Stay: 2 week
*️️️️️️️️️ Flexible (To be determined according to need. We anticipate 1-3 hours/ day)
LOCATION (15 minutes or less from most of Detroit's major attractions)
*️️️️️️️️️ 3.2km (2 miles) from Downtown Detroit
*️️️️️️️️️ 1.6km (1 mile) from Belle Isle (Detroit's famous & beautiful island park)
*️️️️️️️️️ Bikes are an important part of our regular transportation and as a volunteer you will have access to a bike during your stay so you can explore the city
*️️️️️️️️️ Single bed in shared room or private room depending on availability
*️️️️️️️️️ Groceries & basic food are included. Usually someone in the group volunteers to cook lunch/dinner for everyone so we can have a nice meal after our daily work. If there is something specific you'd like please mark the things you want on our white board in our kitchen.
This position will collaborate with us on a project to project base. Jenny & Alex both have a strong background of marketing with over 10 years of experience and we are confident to provide an educational experience for those interested. Currently we are 1. starting our vlog; 2. podcast and 3. revamping our website so anybody with relevant experience will be a great plus.
Additionally, you can also choose to help on:
- Community Project
Always help to:
- Help guests check-in when they arrive; show them around the house and tell them where you have had good experience in Detroit
- Post their fun moment during their stay on our facebook group
- Turn on/off the external light of the house depending on the time of the day
- Clean up after yourself
Spirit of the House:
- Mi casa es su casa: Treat our house like yours. Have a great time. Clean up after yourself. Leave the space better for the next traveller if you can.
- Keep Learning: We've all done things for the first time. Take the challenge and you will learn. When you face a challenge with your work, come to us with a suggestion instead of a question. Look around and if you see things could be done better? Change it.
- Work Hard Play Hard: How much you put into this experience will change how much you get out of the experience. Value your time and don't forget your initial goals of your stay.