Live an incredible experience in Tanzania while helping our community
Help our community with education, sports, games and also take care of our kids at school. Our kids enjoy playing, learn and share with many different people from all over the world. Let's do activities together!
What you offer
18 hours of help per week
Help look after, educate and instruct children.
Teach or help guests or local communities practice a new sport.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We want to thank you in advance for your interest in volunteering in our school. The teachers, students and staff greatly appreciate the time you are willing to share through your volunteer work here. You will add greatly to the educational experience of our students.
Some of the Ways You Can Help ...
* Assist in the Library for English reading skills
* Chaperone field trips, dances, etc.
* Help children by reviewing skills, concepts taught (vocabulary flash card drill, review mathematic facts, letter formation/handwriting skills).
* Assist teachers in preparation of bulletin boards and/or duplicating instructional materials for classroom use.
* Teach a craft or hobby, talk about your occupation, share cultural and ethnic background and experiences.
* Help with clerical needs in the school office.
* Assemble distributions.
* Assist in the computer lab.
Activities & Shift
* Respect confidences of student and school personnel.
* Follow the guidelines established by the school such as dress code, hours of work, adult behavior, values and all regulations, rules, and policies stated for school employees and volunteers.
* Use reasonable judgment in making decisions, then as soon as possible, consult with school staff for future guidance.
* Be considerate, respect competencies and work as a member of the team with the staff and students. Realize that you do not have instructional, evaluation, decision-making or teaching responsibilities for students, but are expected to enrich and extend learning opportunities for students and promote educational excellence for the school system.
* Encourage children to do their own thinking.
* Give students plenty of time to answer.
* Accept children as they are. You must not feel responsible for judging children's abilities, progress or behaviors.
* Respect children's privacy. If a child or teacher reveals personal information, regard it as a confidence.
* Help build students' self-confidence and keep a positive attitude. Remember, effort and attentiveness can be as important as performance.