Reception & Social media, photo and movie maker
Are you interested in spending your vacation with us? This position is great for making new friends from all over the world, getting in touch with different cultures and improving your language skills. You will help us with social media and making videos! Our hostel is located in one of the best neighborhoods of São Paulo, Vila Madalena. In walking distance you can find the subway (5 min) and nightlife district (15 min).
What you offer
32 hours of help per week
Take, edit and provide amazing photos.
Create, edit and publish digital videos.
Maintain and update social media channels.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Intermediate Portuguese and Intermediate English
Over 18 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We always search for people with strong motivation and commitment to help us. Fluency in Portuguese and English are the key elements we ask for, and some basic knowledge in a third or fourth language is very welcome. Regarding personality, our Worldpackers should be open-minded, proactive, communicative, reliable and flexible.
You should be able to adapt yourself to the coexistence in our hostel with different cultures, to take care of the guests´ needs and to help us keeping a familiar atmosphere.
Activities & Shift
Activities & shifts - Reception:
• You will work at the reception 3 shifts per week, equivalent to 8 hours per shift (it can be morning shift from 7am to 3pm, afternoon from 3pm to 11pm or night from 11pm to 7am according to predetermined scale)
• More specific information about these activities see here (https://www.worldpackers.com/positions/4627/details)
Activities & shifts - Social Media:
• Assist in social media and daily activities, equivalent of one shift to 8 hours
• Take photos of the hostel and our daily activities, making videos of the hostel, our neighborhood Vila Madalena and the city
• Search content related to hostels, backpackers, vegan food, etc.
• Post photos on Instagram and photos and content on Facebook
• Define a time schedule in agreement with the hostel management
• Present your work in a weekly meeting to the hostel management to discuss and check your progress
Food: We offer basic food like rice, beans, pasta and tomato sauce. The volunteers cook by their own. Breakfast is the same one we serve the guests. WE ARE A VEGAN HOSTEL! So everything we provide is vegan.
Laundry: You get to wash your clothes once every two weeks (or you can wash with someone else once per week).
Accommodation: We have a 8 bed dorm (with security lockers) that is just for worldpackers.
Weekly Meeting: STAFF meetings every wednesday at 8am.
After the first 2 weeks with us we will give you a feedback about our work.