Rock Solid is a popular backpackers in the town center of Rotorua. Our house keeping team are currently looking for some friendly volunteers to help keep our hostel nice and clean. We are looking for applicants with a positive outlook and a can do attitude. No experience needed, we can teach you how to make a bed! Our cleaners live in a huge private area containing an 8 bed dorm, kitchenette and worker lounge. Central to everything!
16 hours of help per week
Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Housekeeping: Exchange and wash bed linens. Make the beds.
3 days off per week
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Discounts on Tours: Don’t miss a thing! Get discounts and enjoy your free time.
Discounts on Accommodation: Feel free to explore! Get discounts on partner locations.
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Bikes at your disposal: Hop on my bike, baby! Free to use bicycles.
Over 18 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
All applicants need to have / provide details of a:
- Valid Working Holiday Visa
- New Zealand bank account
- IRD number
Successful applicants will be offered a 'casual contract'.
Your rent is deducted from your wages, the 16 hours per week is enough to cover your accommodation. So you wouldn't usually make any cash in hand. However, you are welcome to find work at the nearby cafe's and restaurants - as long as the hours do not coincide with your hours here.
The hostel chores include:
- Making beds
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen
- Vacuuming, mopping and dusting
- Assorted chores like wiping windows and taking out trash
- Work 16 hours per week, a week being the 7 days from Monday to Sunday. 4 days on, 3 days off.
- If arriving or leaving part way through the week, you need only to work 2.5 hours per day that you are staying, EXCEPT on arrival day. Workers are not required to work on the day they arrive.
- Shifts are usually from 9.30am/10.00am to 1.30pm/2.00pm, however this may vary depending on the season.
So that all our workers enjoy their stay and get the most from their experience here, we have some rules in place. They are simple, but important
Worker Dorm Rules:
- Respect your area and your room mates by keeping it clean and tidy
- Do your own dishes, and clean any areas you make a mess on
- No drinking alcohol in this area
- No excessive noise after 10pm
- No visitors or other guests in this area
- Always keep your personal items stored in the bins/draws provided
- Do not use personal devices during shift
- Do not return to your dorm during your shift
- Ask for help if needed
- Take a water bottle with you while working
- Report to your supervisor if you have finished your job, and before you finish your shift
- Remember to fill in your time sheet