Take care of children in a tiny village & have meaningful experiences!
The Community enterprise “Kad Sala” in Sanpatong founded the project for supporting the local culture and developing the English skills of local students inside and outside the classroom. Our aim is to encourage the local students to be able to communicate in English. This Project gives tourist as well as Thais the opportunity to get in touch with northern Thai culture and way of living. Also helps to sustain the traditional northern handicrafts.
What you offer
22 hours of help per week
Help with painting, graffiti, sculpting or drawing.
Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Teach a language to guests or local communities.
What you get
1 day off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Discounts on Tours:
Get discounts for tours and excursions around town.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Bikes at your disposal:
You can use our bikes any time you want.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Intermediate English or Fluent English
Over 22 years old
Be from outside Thailand
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We welcome people from all backgrounds who would like to contribute to our community.
1. We work with local people that have very limited access to English education. Our main goal is to make sure they are able to communicate with foreigners and make our community famous in the world. You expected to help with English classes, but teaching experience is not required.
2. Right now, our primary objective is developing programs to attract more customers to the business of our crafts village. If you have a background in social media, web development, social innovation and entrepreneurship and other business know-how, content marketing, etc., this would be helpful supplementary work.
Activities & Shift
3.We have daily activities that include short general cleaning: cleaning the restroom, tidying up the area and the garden. We also take short trips to local schools or temples to hand out flyers describing our programs.
Most of all, we need people who are responsible and fun! We often help out at local schools/temples and charities, so it'll be great if you've had experience or love to interact with locals and kids.
* Prepare for the English classes: if you have no experience with teaching English, please google or youtube some games to play with children or teach them grammar, vocabulary, etc.
* If there are public holidays at schools, our volunteers are required to help with cleaning the area, homestay rooms, garden. If you are fond of gardening, you are welcome to tell us and we will take care together of new plants and gardening.
* Be creative and open-mided for some new recreactional activities!
It's a part of your adventure!