We need help with front desk and housekeeping. We're looking for some peopl with receptionist experience or lots of customer service experience. You will also help with housekeeping. Being a quick learner/having the willingness to learn, able to think independently and critically, and having a positive attitude is a must! Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/PMVYS7IaFDflU6C72
25 hours of help per week
Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Housekeeping: Exchange and wash bed linens. Make the beds.
Reception: Help with check-ins, check-outs and attend to guests.
Administration: Help with booking systems and payments.
2 days off per week
Private Room: Have a private room to chill and relax just by yourself.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Bikes at your disposal: Hop on my bike, baby! Free to use bicycles.
Over 18 years old
United States Visa
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
What you should expect from us:
- 25 per week of work in exchange is for a dorm bed in a mixed gender room off site. Includes shampoo, body wash, free use of laundry, coffee and tea.
- 2 full days off
- Short excursions around the area with hosts **when possible**
Our expectations of our Worldpackers:
- Must speak English well and read, write, and communicate effectively with management, guests, and other volunteers
- Fulfill receptionist/cleaning duties and tasks effectively and with a positive attitude
- Be willing and available to clean and fulfill other duties when necessary (with in reason)
- Be reliable, show up on time, and fulfill duties and tasks
- Have a positive and respectful attitude towards all
- Flexibility with tasks, schedule and sleeping arrangements if needed
Primary duties for Day and Night Shifts include:
· Welcome, register, orient and supervise guests, and provide orientations in a friendly and positive manner.
· Take reservations by telephone, e-mail, and an online system in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Check guest in and out (be available to check in late night arrivals if needed), give tours of the hostel, and assist with any issues or arrangements that guests may need help with, keeping in mind any language barriers.
· Answer guest inquiries in person, over the phone or email
· Resolve issues of guests
· Housekeeping: clean (common areas, bathrooms, laundry, and make beds)
· Other duties or projects as needed
Quiet Hours: 10:00pm – 8:00am. Between from 10:00pm – 8:00am – please use library voices and headphones
Use headphones while watching videos or playing music
NO SMOKING anywhere inside the hostel. Must smoke 15 feet away from windows.
Drinking alcohol or marijuana is NOT permitted on the premises
No use of marijuana or illegal drugs in the hostel or on the property
No overnight guests
No eating or drinking food in the bedrooms (do not keep food in the bedrooms)
*We are a low-key, relaxing, quiet hostel