We are looking for friendly sociable and vibey people who are willing to help us and make a difference in our lodge - of course, while enjoying the amazing city of Cape Town! The usual volunteer's job is to help us organize our reception tasks (bookings, check-ins, payments) and working in the bar & stock control.
25 hours of help per week
Night Shift: Help with night shift tasks and create a relaxing environment for guests.
Administration: Help with booking systems and payments.
Reception: Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
Bartending: Make and serve drinks and help maintain the beverages inventory.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Breakfast: You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Drinks: Get discounts for drinks and beverages from our bar.
Free Laundry: You can use our laundry room freely.
Free Hiking Tours: We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Free Events: Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Over 18 years old
Be from outside South Africa
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We require people who are:
• Well presented and rounded
• Passionate about guest service
• Have a flair for interacting with people from all over the world
• Brilliant communication skills
• Team player (There is no "I' in team)
• Reliable - (do what you say and provide solutions not problems)
• Good English (!)
• Flexibility between 8 am and 11 pm daily
• Be proficient on Computers (Excel, Word, Cloud-based systems e.g. Hostel Management Software)
• Self Starters. We have various new projects running. Come make a difference!
We provide free shared accommodation and breakfast for our volunteers. You can use our kitchen and other things that are in the hostel.
Your duties will be:
• Check-in guests
• Booking tours for our guests
• Planning activities (e.g. Braai, Pancake Morning or Walking Tours)
• Interacting with our guests
• Serving drinks to guests
• Stock Control
• Creating a vibe (music etc...)
Up to 25 hours help a week (4-5 hours, 5 days a week, with 2 days off)
Our Backpackers is a 10-minute walk from the V&V Waterfront at the foothills of Signal Hill. Local restaurants, pubs and a supermarket are a 2-minute walk away. The beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay are a short bus ride away. We have a great bar, a swimming pool, free internet and WiFi and a satellite sports channel tv. We are also a pick-up and drop-off point for the Baz Bus!