We are dedicated to building a supportive culture around diversity and love of travel. We're seeking an all-around skillful assistant manager who loves to help travelers feel welcome and with operations. We're looking for someone with at least 6 months of management experience in hospitality. You will be handling reservations, be on-call for overnight emergencies, check ins and outs, cleaning, and managing other volunteers.
25 hours of help per week
Reception: Help with check-ins, check-outs and attend to guests.
Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Housekeeping: Exchange and wash bed linens. Make the beds.
Administration: Help with booking systems and payments.
2 days off per week
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Bikes at your disposal: Hop on my bike, baby! Free to use bicycles.
Between 21 and 60 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
What you should expect from us:
- 25 per week of work in exchange is for a dorm bed in a mixed gender room. Includes shampoo, body wash, free use of laundry, coffee and tea. The right person will have extra benefits if everything goes well after 1 month.
- 2 full days off
- free rice/pasta
- weekly staff meals
- Short excursions around the area with hosts **when possible**
Our expectations of our Worldpackers:
- Must speak fluent English and read, write, and communicate effectively with management, guests, and volunteers
- Great computer skills
- Fulfill assistant manager duties and tasks effectively and with a positive attitude
- Be willing and available to clean and fulfill other duties when necessary (with in reason)
- Have a positive and respectful attitude towards all
- Flexibility with tasks, schedule and sleeping arrangements if needed
Primary duties for Day and Night Shifts include:
· Welcome, register, orient and supervise guests, and provide orientations in a friendly and positive manner.
· Take reservations by telephone, e-mail, and an online system in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Check guest in and out (be available to check in late night arrivals if needed), give tours of the hostel, and assist with any issues or arrangements that guests may need help with, keeping in mind any language barriers.
· Answer guest inquiries in person, over the phone or email
· Resolving issues of guests or volunteers
· Managing work exchangers making sure they complete their duties, create schedules
· Clean (common areas, bathrooms, laundry, and make beds) if no work exchangers are available
· Other duties or projects as needed
Quiet Hours: 10:00pm – 8:00am. Between from 10:00pm – 8:00am – please use library voices and headphones
Use headphones while watching videos or playing music
NO SMOKING anywhere inside the hostel. Must smoke 15 feet away from windows.
Drinking alcohol or marijuana is NOT permitted on the premises
No use of marijuana or illegal drugs in the hostel or on the property
No overnight guests
No eating or drinking food in the bedrooms (do not keep food in the bedrooms)
*We are a low-key, relaxing, quiet hostel