We are seeking Volunteer campaigners who shall embarked on the 2020 Trek4Girl Child expedition of climbing Africa’s highest mountain – Mount Kilimanjaro (August 10-25 2020) – to create awareness about the challenges facing impoverished girls in rural and poor schools during their monthly cycles. The funds raise shall enable Blessed Junior Center KEMAGS https://blessedacademykenya.wixsite.com/home to support Girl Child in school
22 hours of help per week
Social Work: Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Arts: Help with painting, graffiti, sculpting or drawing.
Teaching Sports: Teach or help guests or local communities practice a new sport.
Teaching Languages: Teach a language to guests or local communities.
2 days off per week
Private Room: You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Team Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
Tent: You will sleep in a tent at a camping site.
Breakfast: You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
Lunch: You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
Dinner: You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Free Laundry: You can use our laundry room freely.
Free Tours: We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours: We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Free Parties: Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Free Events: Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Pick Up: We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Language lessons: Take free language classes at our place.
Certificate: Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Beginner English or Intermediate English
Between 18 and 65 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
In recent years, access to quality schools and education has improved in Kenya. Yet, despite increasing educational opportunities, dropout rates among ethnic minority girls remain high and completion rates low.
When facilities at school such as private toilets and available health information neglects to focus on the needs of girls, girls often have no choice other than to stay away from school. Missed days add up and girls often drop out of school to face an uncertain future.
Trek4Girls Campaign seek to raise funds to;
1. to build facilities that shall allow girls to have access to clean Water, sanitation & Hygiene (WASH rooms)
2. Buy sanitary pads to around 300 girls in western Kenya
3. Buy bicycles for girls for easy transportation to school
1. The Campaigners shall arrive on 29th September for orientation and embark on a eight day safari going to Kilimanjaro on the Kenyan Tanzania border . They shall climb and reached the 5,895-meter summit.
2. Each day, the campaigners shall post the updates about the campaign and reaching out for more donations.
3. On the 9th day, the team shall engage in various safari tour within rift valley visiting many places like Lake Nakuru, Maasai Mara, Lake Naivasha before winding up the campaign in Webuye on 13th October for a Grand reception.
1.Each campaigners to be able to raise atleast $2500 prior to the event (you can pay directly if you can afford this or conduct online fundraising. The 25% of fee shall take care of your registration, airport pick and drop up, Accommodation and food during the campaign period, Safari tour tax fee and 75% shall take be used in supporting the girl project.
2. Application deadline is 15th September 2019. All Campigners to arrive on 28th Septmber at Webuye for orientation.
3. Apart from being in camping team, having the following one of skills shall be an add advantage;- Driving, Mechanics, Nurse, First Aid skills, Social Marking skills, Media communication, web development, fundraising skills.