Fun&Friendly Hostel in Barcelona is looking for Hostel Volunteer
We are one of the best ranked hostels in Barcelona - but we could never get there without the help of our amazing volunteers who help us run the place!
As a volunteer you will recieve a bed and a two meals a day, every day in exchange for about 25 hours of your time a week. There are several different shifts available and we use a rotative schedule that changes a little every week meaning no one is stuck cleaning forever :)
25 hours of help per week
Help prepare, finish and serve meals.
Help organise and promote parties and social activities.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
You can use our laundry room freely.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Get free drinks or beverages.:
Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Be a part of our pub crawls at local bars!
Take free dance classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Intermediate English or Beginner Spanish
Between 20 and 30 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We ask for 25-30 hours of your time a week. Each week you will have 5 shifts and two days off. If you work beyond that, we will pay you for the extra hours.
We try to plan everything to the best of our ability but things at the hostel often come up unpredictedly and suddenly. We are very flexible when it comes to your time if you can also be flexible when it comes to our needs :)
You will get a chance to:
-Improve your English and Spanish, as most staff speak both (+ their native language)
- Learn all the secrets of this gorgeous city, full of life and artistic vibes.
- Meet people from all around the world, make friends and connections that will last forever.
- Improve your social skills. (and possibly become a great flamenco dancer :)
- Have that extra step, a credit to add to your CV that will help you to find a job when the moment (alas) will come.
Activities & Shift
Our current schedule predicts:
- Two cleaning shifts (one in the morning, and one in the late evening)
- A dinner cooking shift 4 times a week (3 times a week offer a Paella cooking class instead of free dnner to our guests, but as a volunteer you eat for free)
- Shifts centered on reception assistance (helping out with check ins, check outs, luggage storage, running small errands and general guest inquiries)
- And of course... the FUN SHIFTS - daily nights out, salsa classes, flamenco shows, beach days and Barcelona's Magic Fountain show.
Upon arrival, we have all of our volunteers sign our set of rules, which include using your common sense, not smoking inside your room, not sleeping with the guests inside the guest rooms, upkeeping good personal hygene, and some more basic stuff.
We also ask our volunteers:
- To stays at least 2 month - less than this makes it difficult for you to get used to our hostel and Barcelona
- No drinking on the job (or drinking in moderation if you're going out with the guests)
- Being punctual and easy to contact