Sales and Marketing Intern
Sales & Marketing in SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: Run community-based tours, maintain and improve the La Choza Chula social business, follow the strategic objectives, be apart of an international and bi-lingual working space and be challenged out of your comfort zone!
You will need to be proactive and use your initiative in a challenging environment with limited resources but also work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
35 hours of help per week
Organize and lead tours around the city.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Restaurants:
Get discounts at nearby restaurants.
Discounts on Drinks:
Get discounts for drinks and beverages from our bar.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
You can use our surfboards as much as you want.
Take free yoga classes at our place.
Take free surf classes at the local beaches.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Intermediate Spanish and Intermediate English
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Sales & Marketing interns are integral to the community development work we do through tourism in El Paredón. Interns are expected to be committed workers willing to be flexible, motivated and have an open mind to learning on the go! La Choza Chula volunteers are motivated by the long-term impact
Activities & Shift
APPLY IF YOU HAVE:
- Intermediate/advanced Spanish (both spoken and written)
- Sales and marketing experience with products/retail/tourism
- Motivated and able to use own initiative with limited guidance
- Experience of working with people of different backgrounds
- Experience of working in a different culture from that of your home nation
- People focused with excellent communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead by example
- Have high levels of integrity and sound judgement
- Be a proactive, strong and flexible team player
- The ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Good IT and social media literacy
Working days are somewhat flexible as long as they amount to 35 hours/week
Respect the local community, do not engage in illegal activities and be a team player!