Paid Assistant Manager at Central London Hostel
Help manage a busy central London Hostel. Applicants must have experience in managing hostel before.
£9 per hour plus potential for bonus
We provide accommodation in a staff dorm, use of laundry facilities (to wash and dry your clothes and bed linen), free breakfast and free dinner (which you'd help cook once per week!) and of course wifi. There is also free food available at other times to e.g. cook lunch/snacks
What you offer
30 hours of help per week
Help with booking systems and payments.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Parties:
Get discounts at nearby parties and clubs.
Discounts on Pubs:
Get discounts at nearby pubs.
Discounts on Drinks:
Get discounts for drinks and beverages from our bar.
Discounts on Tours:
Get discounts for tours and excursions around town.
You can use our laundry room freely.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Get free drinks or beverages.:
Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Be a part of our pub crawls at local bars!
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Over 25 years old
European Union Passport
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
As AM you will oversee and help reception/receptionists to ensure:
- receptionists and support receptionists are properly trained
- conducting their duties properly
- checking for errors and where these are found then identifying who made the errors so they can be informed and receive additional training
- greeting and dealing with guests in a warm and friendly manner
- ensuring Support Receptionists are working well
- staff morale is high
- overseeing cash count at c. 6pm and going to bank or sending receptionist to banks to pay in
- housekeepers are prioritising rooms correctly and checking cleanliness through e.g. spot checks after rooms have been cleaned
- reporting to me on an ad hoc basis as required and also with an email at the end of each of your shifts
Also you will constantly review the way things are run, making recommendations for improvements to the Manager.
Activities & Shift
5 days a week. Your day will be split:
8.30am-1pm on duty