Housekeeping & Reception + 50% of days off in the Heart of the UK
This is the perfect place if you want to meet people, enjoy Birmingham (The 2nd UK city with a lot of opportunities and also hiking spots nearby), travel around the UK (London £3. Liverpool £5, etc).
2 helpers have 50% of days off (The 3rd helper only 2 days off per week).
Cleaning in the morning and if you have 50% days off you might need to help with the check-ins in the evening. Also a bit of painting might be required if a wall gets dirty.
25 hours of help per week
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
Help with booking systems and payments.
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Bikes at your disposal:
You can use our bikes any time you want.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Primarily the tasks include; daily cleaning, preparation of rooms for guests, welcoming guests on arrival, helping with the online bookings and information and advice for Birmingham. Please note these tasks are a must for every helper as it's essential for the running of the place and you will need a smartphone with WhatsApp or we can provide smartphone for you.
Secondly, your practical skills, ideas, and DIY abilities will be required (when there is decorating and maintenance).
Also, we have a cat: Simba, and we need to take care of her as well, changing cat litter every 2-3 days and feeding her everyday.
All major entertainment, shopping, natural parks, and leisure centers are walking distance and in close proximity but we also have 2 bicycles that can be used if you choose to explore the city on your own or with us.
Activities & Shift
The 25h per week are distributed in the following way:
11am-2pm: Daily cleaning (Kitchen, Bathrooms, Living room) + Weekly cleaning (Corridor, Stairs, Deeper cleaning of the Living room, etc)
And the other hours are not fixed in time so sometimes you have to come back to the guesthouse to welcome a guest, etc, but the main jobs include the following:
- Preparing the rooms (Not every day, some days there are no guests checking in but some days there are several rooms to be prepared which means, changing bed sheets, cleaning surfaces and vacuum cleaning the carpet, and washing and drying sheets)
- Answering emails from the guests, asking them what time they arrive (We don’t have reception, etc). This task must be done along the day but you can do it from your smartphone too and we are 2/3 people answering emails...
- Welcoming guests
- Tidying up the dishes before going to bed
- We provide £40 per week as money for food but the first 4 weeks we keep the money as deposit and we give you all together on the last day if you tell us your departure date with at least 2 weeks notice.
- Usually we have 3 helpers, 2 of them have 50% of days off and usually we allow them to agree the shifts themselves as long as one of them is always available (Those 2 helpers cannot have the same day off unless they agree with the 3rd helper), and a 3rd helper (Usually the last one who arrived or the one with worse English level especially if he cannot communicate with guests properly) has only 2 days off per week but he works only in the mornings unless he agrees something different with the other 2 helpers but the busiest days we need 2 helpers in the morning so the 3rd helper days off are usually the ones less busy