Helping in crop farm at a great field in Hokkaido

The Exchange

Hi, there. I'm Genki, who is a member of a farm. Our farm is managed by my family, where we grow potatoes, sugarbeets, some kind of beans, wheat and barley. Our farm is located in the eastern part of Tokachi subprefecture in Hokkaido. We opened a guesthouse to welcome guests in the summer of 2019 and started to accept farm stay volunteers as well such as planting, harvesting, gardening, and bedmaking.

What you offer

25 hours of help per week

Farming: Plant crops, sow seeds and help in outside tasks.

Gardening: Help grow plants and cultivate gardens

What you get

2 days off per week

Private Room: You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.

Breakfast: You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.

Lunch: You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.

Dinner: You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.

Free Laundry: You can use our laundry room freely.

Pick Up: We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.

Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.


Intermediate English or Beginner Japanese

Between 18 and 60 years old

Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs

What's not included

Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa

Program Details

·Farming work (i.e. Planting, harvesting, weeding and so on)
Planting generally starts from the end of April until the middle of May.
Harvesting generally starts from the end of August until the middle of November.
Weeding generally starts from the middle of June until the middle of August.

·Gardening (i.e. weeding, planting, cutting branches)
Gardening works starts from the end of April until the end of September.

·Bedmaking (when guests stay)
Whenever guests stay

Activities & Shift

There are no daily activities.
All tasks depending on seasons, guest bookings and weather.


We ask every person to send us a copy of your valid working holiday visa.