Reception & Website
We need someone to help us update our website. If you know all about wordpress, plug-ins and themes this is for you. We also need help with the layout, so it would be great if had designing experience. Come help us and we will pay you with an incredible experience.ZAz
32 hours of help per week
Help develop and maintain websites.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Take free yoga classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Intermediate English or Beginner Portuguese
Over 18 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We always search for people with strong motivation and commitment to help us. Fluency in Portuguese and English are the key elements we ask for, and some basic knowledge in a third or fourth language is very welcome. Regarding personality, our Worldpackers should be open-minded, proactive, communicative, reliable and flexible.
You should be able to adapt yourself to the coexistence in our hostel with different cultures, to take care of the guests´ needs and to help us keeping a familiar atmosphere.
Activities & Shift
Activities & shifts - Reception:
• You will work at the reception 3 shifts per week, equivalent to 8 hours per shift (it can be morning shift from 7am to 3pm, afternoon from 3pm to 11pm or night from 11pm to 7am according to predetermined scale)
• More specific information about these activities see here (https://www.worldpackers.com/positions/4627/details)
Activities and shifts - Website:
• Make a new website or give the old one a makeover
• Designing a new layout
• Updating our website
• Define a time schedule with a delivery date in agreement with the hostel management
• Present your work in a weekly meeting to the hostel management to discuss and check your progress
Food: We offer basic food like rice, beans, pasta and tomato sauce. The volunteers cook by their own. Breakfast is the same one we serve the guests. WE ARE A VEGETARIAN/VEGAN HOSTEL! So everything we provide is vegetarian/vegan.
Laundry: You get to wash your clothes once every two weeks (or you can wash with someone else once per week).
Accommodation: We have a 8 bed dorm (with security lockers) that is just for worldpackers.
Weekly Meeting: STAFF meetings every wednesday at 8am.
After the first 2 weeks with us we will give you a feedback about our work.