DIY Renewable Energy - Youth Exchange Training 15-23 April 2020
- DUTCH and FRENCH participants only
- FREE Food, Travel & Accommodation
We are offering the opportunity of training to show that renewable energies do not need to be a complicated topic, and in just a few days participants will understand the basic principles of some DIY renewable energy projects!
Through fun and interactive workshops, you will be able to create renewable sources of power from easily accessible materials by the time you leave :)
32 hours of help per week
Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Help with a wide range of repairs or building.
Plant crops, sow seeds and help in outside tasks.
Help grow plants and cultivate gardens
What you get
1 day off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You will sleep in a tent at a camping site.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Over 18 years old
European Union Passport
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
7-day Youth Exchange which will bring together youth from The Netherlands, France, Austria, Spain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia and Italy.
During our youth exchanges, we help youngsters build a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. We use art, theatre and non-formal education methods to improve various key competencies such as a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression, and many others. Our Catfarm youth exchanges are unique since we work as a community and everything is run by and for young people to strengthen their knowledge and give them more confidence.
As a participant, you will have food, accommodation and travel costs (max 275) covered.
Please also read more info:
Activities & Shift
The project has the following specific objectives:
- Share skills on a popular topic with limited teaching experiences available
- Show that renewable energy can be delivered at a small scale
- Energise young adults and youth workers to be excited about the potential of renewable energies
- Create group competitions to show how small changes can make a big difference in efficiency
- Encourage participants to think about how to re-use materials for a different purpose
- Equip more people with skills for a low-carbon economy
Deadline for application - 15th February
- From France or The Netherlands.
- Aged between 18 and 27.
- Motivated to join the Youth Exchange and keen on the topics of the project;
- Motivated to lead and master leadership-related skills and competencies to use in their communities in the future;
- Interested to develop competencies such as intercultural competence; sense of initiative and entrepreneurship; social and civic competence, etc.
- Wanting to experience community life