Social work assistance
To provide local communities with education & skills that will enable them to develop socially and rise above the vicious circle of poverty. We are working to bridge the gap between rich and poor by providing local NGO’s with the tools, information and knowledge needed to provide a better level of education to their beneficiaries. We aim to bring new skills to an industry which otherwise would not have access without the assistance of volunteers.
30 hours of help per week
Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
Discounts on Accommodation:
Get discounts for your stay in other hostels.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours:
We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Get free drinks or beverages.:
Drink up! Get free and tasty drinks for yourself.
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Be a part of our pub crawls at local bars!
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
You can use our surfboards as much as you want.
Take free yoga classes at our place.
Take free surf classes at the local beaches.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Over 21 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Everyday we work to provide conscientious and responsible conservation in the projects
with the assistance of volunteers.
International and local volunteers provide a vital role in our projects, without them we cannot exist.
Activities & Shift
• Assisting in maintaining the curriculum that is already in place under the direction of the head teacher
• Supporting the head teacher in the process of developing and sharing classroom activities to meet developmental and academic objectives
• Use constructive feedback from the head teacher and SAVE to improve classroom environment
• Developing, maintaining, and implementing a classroom maintenance schedule with the head teacher, including but not limited to items such as cleaning the classroom, repairing materials, and planning events. Also assist in record keeping for the classroom
• Maintaining a positive attitude and open communication with the head teacher
• You will be required at projects on a daily basis to supervise and assist volunteers - may be required to transport volunteers to projects 4 – 6 days a week