As a English Teaching Activity Lead you will work under the guidance of our Community Development Coordinator and make sure that our English teaching is meeting high quality standards and is carried out successfully. You could be leading several volunteers in their work of delivering English classes and putting their ideas of lessons plans together.
10 hours of help per week
Social Work: Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
Teaching Languages: Teach a language to guests or local communities.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Team Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
Free Tours: We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours: We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Free Parties: Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Free Events: Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Pick Up: We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Language lessons: Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Certificate: Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Intermediate English or Intermediate Spanish
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
This role may require only a few hours a week but also gives you the chance to work on other projects within the Otra Cosa Network to top up your hours to around 25 hours/week.
Please note that all volunteer positions are also available as Internships. With this add-on you will receive an extra level of mentorship and where necessary all appropriate liaison with your academic institution to ensure compliance with internship placement requirements. Please check out our website at www.otracosa.org for further in-depth information.
● Facilitate weekly meetings with volunteers to plan lessons
● Deliver English language lessons to the children we work with
● Help volunteers to deliver high quality lessons and guide them with your specific knowledge in this field
● Maintain and update all material related to the English program
● Be creative in coming up with new ideas and policies to improve our English program
● Help managing the English teaching budget
● Have weekly meetings with the Project Coordinators and participate in the Coordinators meeting
What you can expect from us:
● Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
● Working with an organization that has many years of experience teaching English to vulnerable communities
● Possibility of contributing with your own ideas
● Thorough introduction to the organization
● Certified training in First Aid and Child Safeguarding
● 24/7 emergency support
● Organized activities & trips (barbeques, game nights, volunteer-lunch, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
● Working in a friendly beach & surf town right next to many historical sites
● The satisfying feeling of committing your work to a good cause whilst gaining insight into a new culture
● Certificate of completion detailing your role, the project(s) you participated in and the dates you volunteered in