As a Fundraising Coordinator you will help us with that task by providing assistance in identifying donor resources and potential financial support, raising funds by writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability as well as applications for project funding. You will also be able to contribute with new, innovative ideas in the field of fundraising.
20 hours of help per week
Social Work: Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Team Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
Free Tours: We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours: We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Free Parties: Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Free Events: Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Pick Up: We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Language lessons: Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Certificate: Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Intermediate Spanish or Intermediate English
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We are keen to explore new fundraising opportunities both locally and around the world in order to ensure the long-term stability of our organisation. You will work together with our field staff management team and receive ongoing support and guidance throughout your placement whilst also learning and practicing new skills.
Please note that all volunteer positions are also available as Internships. With this add-on you will receive an extra level of mentorship and where necessary all appropriate liaison with your academic institution to ensure compliance with internship placement requirements. Please check out our website at www.otracosa.org. for further in-depth information.
● Preparing fundraising documents and other support materials, e.g. flyers, texts for website or social media.
● Approaching existing and potential donors to incentivise them to donate for the first time or increase their donations.
● Maintaining and growing donor database.
● Gain an understanding of the tax benefits offered by the UK government to charities, e.g. Gift Aid.
● Pursuing efforts to maintain a positive public image, including regular event promotion.
● Mentorship from our Fundraising Manager relating to grant writing, philanthropy and fundraising.
What you can expect from us:
● Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
● Thorough introduction to the organization
● Certified Training in First Aid and Child Safeguarding.
● Weekly one-to-one meetings with a Manager
● 24/7 emergency support
● Organized activities & trips (barbecues, game nights, volunteer-lunch, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
● Working in a friendly beach & surf town right next to many historical sites
● The satisfying feeling of committing your work to a good cause whilst gaining insight into a new culture
● Certificate of completion detailing your role, the project(s) you participated in and the dates you volunteered in.