Translation Volunteer in Huanchaco!
The translation volunteer supports us on an ad hoc basis with translating documents and other content for use within the NGO. The priority is for translations between English and Spanish as these are the languages we currently work in. However, we are also looking for volunteers who are able to translate our web content into other languages such as French and German to promote our volunteering opportunities to a wider audience.
20 hours of help per week
Help with volunteer work in local projects and communities.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours:
We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Intermediate English or Intermediate Spanish
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
This role can be undertaken in person in Huanchaco to receive one-on-one guidance but can also be undertaken on a remote basis if required.
Please note that all volunteer positions are also available as Internships. With this add-on you will receive an extra level of mentorship and where necessary all appropriate liaison with your academic institution to ensure compliance with internship placement requirements. Please check out our website at www.otracosa.org for further in-depth information.
Activities & Shift
● Translation of promotional and marketing materials.
● Translation of frequently used office documents to create a set of templates.
● Web translation for the creation of our new website and for future updates.
● Translation of Annual Report and Monitoring and Evaluation output.
What you can expect from us:
● Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
● Thorough introduction to the organization
● Certified Training in First Aid and Child Safeguarding
● 24/7 emergency support
● Organized activities & trips (barbeques, game nights, volunteer-lunch, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
● Working in a friendly beach & surf town right next to many historical sites
● The satisfying feeling of committing your work to a good cause whilst gaining insight into a new culture
● Certificate of completion detailing your role, the project(s) you participated in and the dates you volunteered in