Fair Trade Photography Volunteer in Huanchaco!
The Fair Trade Photography project is a social enterprise initiative which promotes fair trade photography and products, whilst giving Peruvian teenagers the opportunity to learn semi-professional photography skills. Funds raised by the sale of these products will then be invested in photographic training and life coaching for the young participants.
What you offer
20 hours of help per week
Take, edit and provide amazing photos.
What you get
3 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
We’ll take you on tours and rides around town. For free!
Free Hiking Tours:
We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Get free entrance for the best parties in town.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Take free language classes at our place.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Get a certificate of completion after you finish your experience.
Intermediate English or Intermediate Spanish
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Your task as a volunteer is to contribute in guiding these underprivileged teenagers in producing quality photos, whilst also providing personal development support. If you want the chance to help impart future livelihood skills and be a catalyst for change, helping break the chains of poverty through an artistic lens then this opportunity is perfect for you.
Please note that all volunteer positions are also available as Internships. With this add-on you will receive an extra level of mentorship and where necessary all appropriate liaison with your academic institution to ensure compliance with internship placement requirements. Please check out our website at www.otracosa.org for further in-depth information.
Activities & Shift
● Acting as a liaison between the photographers and the management team.
● Preparing and giving photography lessons and other trainings that contribute to the development of the teenagers’ self-esteem.
● Helping improve the photographers’ English skills.
● Establishing workshops on self-expression through photography.
● Helping market images and inspiring success stories.
What you can expect from us:
● Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
● Thorough introduction to the organization
● Organized activities and trips (barbeques, game nights, lunches, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
● Working in a friendly beach and surf town right next to many historical sites and beautiful hikes
● 24/7 emergency support.
● The satisfying feeling of working towards a good cause whilst gaining valuable insight into a new culture and practicing your language skills