Diamond Mountain, Buddhist Retreat Center Multi Task Volunteer!!!
Diamond Mountain is a Beautiful and Magical Buddhist Retreat Center, inspired in the Tradition of Je Tsongkapa, we offer to the world a place to go deep inside to deeply transform the outside!
to volunteers we offer Philosophy Classes, Meditation, Yoga, Tibetan language for beginners, while connecting with a supportive community of practitioners
Volunteer in hospitality/cleaning, maintenance, landscaping, cooking, or special event projects
What you offer
30 hours of help per week
Help prepare, finish and serve meals.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
Help grow plants and cultivate gardens
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a private room. In other words, a room just for you.
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Free Hiking Tours:
We’ll take you on excursions and hikes around town. For free!
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Take free yoga classes at our place.
Take free language classes at our place.
You can take part in any of our therapeutic activities for free.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Over 18 years old
United States Visa
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
You can come to learn and serve starting from 2 weeks up to 1 month, during this time You'll be helping an average of 6 hours per day, 5 times a week, in activities such as cleaning, housekeeping, maintenance, landscaping, and the like.
*You'll have either a private room or a shared room depending on availability.
*You'll have some support with your food (not 100%)
*You can have Regular Classes on different topics such as Buddhist Philosophy, Meditation, Yoga, and Tibetan Language for beginners.
Activities & Shift
Schedules change depending on weather conditions, hosting events, and other aspects, but we can show an example of how it could go:
8:00 am - 9:00am - Yoga, Meditation, or Dharma Class
9:00 am - 09:30am - Breakfast and prepare for daily service
10:00am - 01:00pm - Work Time
01:00pm - 03:00pm - Lunch (Bring your own Lunch)
03:00pm - 06:00pm - Work Time
7:00 pm - 10:00pm - Personal time for Study, relaxation, etc.
1) Protecting life - Non-violence
2) Respecting others people property - Not stealing
3) Maintaining a respectful and healthy sexual behavior - No sexual misconduct.
4) Speaking Truthfully - Not laying.
5) Speaking Harmoniously - Not divisive speech.
6) Speaking Kindly - Not harsh or rude speech.
7) Speaking meaningfully - Not hurting others' minds and time with useless talk.
8) Love and Compassion for others- Not ill will.
9) Team and Supportive atmosphere - Not rude competitiveness or jealousy among the Team.
10)Have a mindful world view, be aware of how all we do has an effect on ourselves and others.
11) No alcohol, natural or chemical drugs (intoxicants) are allowed in the Center.
12) Respect and considerate attitude required.
13) Clear and honest communication among Staff and team members.
14) Friendly attitude towards others, listening, and tolerance attitude.