The Jesus Trail is a 40-mile hiking trail in the Galilee region of Israel that connects sites from the life of Jesus. The trail is marked and open to the public. We work to create hiker resources, network local businesses, and conduct PR to raise awareness about the trail. Jesus Trail interns will be integrally involved in resource development and marketing this world-class experience and exciting start-up in the field of responsible ecotourism.
30 hours of help per week
Photography: Take great photos.
Social Media: Help to build and maintain social media channels engaging online users.
Tour Guide: Organize and lead tours around the area.
2 days off per week
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Discounts on Drinks: Drink up! Get discounts and order a few drinks.
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Free Tours: Don’t miss a thing! Get free tours and explore.
Free Events: Be part of something! Get free events.
Over 21 years old
Be from outside Israel
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
• Walking the Jesus Trail, studying the guidebook and becoming an “expert” on the Jesus Trail experience
• Orienting hikers with accurate and helpful information
• Communicating with local businesses to coordinate hiker services
• Writing regular blog updates and maintaining Jesus Trail’s social networking presence
• Identifying and contacting relevant opinion leaders and organisations to raise awareness about the Jesus Trail
• Interviewing hikers and writing up or videotaping short “hiker profiles” for the Jesus Trail website
• Meeting with members of the press who wish to do a story about the Jesus Trail
The Jesus Trail worldpacker will be expected to work 30 hours per week with at least two days off per week. Some travel required.
• Avid hiker and traveler, WFA or WFR certification a plus
• International experience.
• Leadership experience
• Commitment to the Jesus Trail philosophy
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• BA, preferably in field of biblical studies, middle eastern studies, public relations, marketing, anthropology or environmental science - a plus