Krishna Eco Farm is a project of Hare Krishna spiritual community that is being developed as a holistic spiritual retreat centre.
The Marketing Assistant will help to:
- organise and promote our charitable events, causes and activities in sustainability, wellbeing and food security
- manage relevant channels: website, social media & newsletter
- create engaging marketing content - content, videos, designs, leaflets
- helping with running events
What you offer
32 hours of help per week
Write, edit and publish inspiring content.
Take, edit and provide amazing photos.
Create, edit and publish digital videos.
Maintain and update social media channels.
What you get
1 day off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Get free entrance for the best events in town.
Take free yoga classes at our place.
Be from United Kingdom
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We are looking for someone who could volunteer for 3-6 months with 1 month trial period.
What we require of and value in a Volunteer
- Good work ethos, such as being reliable, cooperative, conscientious, industrious and punctual
- Flexibility in work timings (if needed)
- Be willing to work one day a week to serve community meals and cleaning up after the meals
- Keep their personal spaces clean & tidy
- Adherence to the Community Rules (see below)
- Adherence to our Child Protection Policy
Volunteers are encouraged to work in a positive mood of service, respect and loving cooperation. The working hours are 9.30-16.30 with an hour for lunch between 13.30-14.30.
Activities & Shift
What we offer to a Volunteer
-Comfortable, shared, single gender accommodation shared with other 2-3 volunteers
-3 meals a day of our famous, nutritionally balanced, veggie food
-Regular morning and evening spiritual programmes at such as Kirtan (Mantra Music), Mantra Meditation, Self-Realisation Lectures and Video evenings, festivals, etc.
-Opportunities to make new friends & meet people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
-Learning opportunities to best utilise and develop your innate capacities
-Opportunity to utilise any personal skills & talents you may already have
-Access to bicycles to explore the local countryside (limited availability)
The accommodation where you'll be staying is an ashram - situated not far from the temple. In this sense, it's vital that whilst you are here - you follow the Three Golden Rules (that are based on classical yoga principles) during your stay:
- To cultivate compassion and refrain from meat, fish and eggs.
- To respect and preserve the sanctity of the community by practising decent and responsible behaviour, following a non-revealing dress code and refraining from sex.
- To embrace our healthy lifestyle by refraining from alcohol and illegal drugs during your volunteering period, and refraining from cigarettes and caffeine drinks on the premises.
Please note: Whilst you are away from the premises there can be exceptions for the consumption of caffeine and cigarettes, though we we expect all volunteers to refrain from illegal drugs and alcohol during their volunteering period.