Are you interested in spending your vacation with us? This position is great for making new friends from all over the world, getting in touch with different cultures and improving your language skills. You will stay in reception for 4 shifts/week and get the rest of the week off! Our hostel is located in one of the best neighborhoods of São Paulo, Vila Madalena. In walking distance you can find the subway (5 min) and nightlife district (15 min).
32 hours of help per week
Administration: Help with booking systems and payments.
Night Shift: Help with night tasks to make the place relaxing for all guests
Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Reception: Help with check-ins, check-outs and attend to guests.
3 days off per week
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Beginner Portuguese and Beginner English
Over 18 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We always search for people with strong motivation and commitment to help us. Fluency in Portuguese and English are the key elements we ask for, and some basic knowledge in a third or fourth language is very welcome. Regarding personality, our Worldpackers should be open-minded, proactive, communicative, reliable and flexible.
You should be able to adapt yourself to the coexistence in our hostel with different cultures, to take care of the guests´ needs and to help us keeping a familiar atmosphere.
First week we will explain you everything you need to know and you will do your first shift together with us.
• You will work at the reception 4 shifts per week with 3 days off, equivalent to 8 hours per shift (it can be morning shift from 7am to 3pm, afternoon from 3pm to 11pm or night from 11pm to 7am according to predetermined scale) - there will be appropriate training for all shifts.
• Receiving guests (check-in and check-out)
• Working with our reservation and payment system (HQBeds)
• Attending guests, phone calls, emails and messages (WhatsApp and Facebook)
• Providing support to the guest (if they ask for help with public transportation, or want to know some general information)
• Organizing our weekly activities (eg Caipirinha and Pasta-Night) and promote them
• Help cleaning the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and other spaces (changing garbage, cleaning the floors of common areas, keeping the kitchen organized). We have a cleaning lady who does the daily cleaning, but during the shif
Food: We offer basic food like rice, beans, pasta and tomato sauce. The volunteers cook by their own. Breakfast is the same one we serve the guests. WE ARE A VEGETARIAN/VEGAN HOSTEL! So everything we provide is vegetarian/vegan.
Laundry: You get to wash your clothes once every two weeks (or you can wash with someone else once per week).
Accommodation: We have a 8 bed dorm (with security lockers) that is just for worldpackers.
Weekly Meeting: STAFF meetings every wednesday at 8am.
After the first 2 weeks with us we will give you a feedback about our work.