We are looking for helpful, courteous, friendly, outgoing people to join our artsy, eclectic, laid-back family. We have 4 basic shifts that are 4-6 hours each: Activities, Housekeeping, Check-ins, and Overnight. We are flexible with scheduling if there is an event or a place you would like to explore. (eg - volunteer staff are off Mardi Gras day to enjoy the festivities). We are a team and a family and we love our staff. Work with us, not for us.
25 hours of help per week
Party Promoter: Help to promote parties and social activities.
Night Shift: Help with night tasks to make the place relaxing for all guests
Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Housekeeping: Exchange and wash bed linens. Make the beds.
2 days off per week
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Intermediate English or Beginner Spanish
Between 21 and 40 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
What the basic duties will be:
1. Planning and carrying out events and activities at the hostel. Guest Relations.
2. Changing beds, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping and mopping, laundry, and general housekeeping.
3. Answering the phone and taking messages if needed.
4. Checking in people using our PC and managing reservations
5. Laying out breakfast, keeping the food and drinks stocked, and checking out people.
6. On the overnight shift, being there for guests in case they get locked out, in case of emergencies, make sure they don't burn the place down; but mainly you can sleep. We try to keep the guests well informed so they don't have to knock on the door all night.
7. Keeping your room/bed neat at all times as you will sometimes be sharing the room with a guest.
8. Help pick up the hostel whenever needed: wash dishes left in the sink, put away dishes left to dry, take out trash when full