Jambalaya - A mix of this and that.
We are looking for helpful, courteous, friendly, outgoing people to join our artsy, eclectic, laid-back family. We have 5 basic shifts that are 4-6 hours each: Activities, Housekeeping, Check-ins, and Overnight. We are flexible with scheduling if there is an event or a place you would like to explore. We are a team and a family and we love our staff. Work with us, not for us.
What you offer
25 hours of help per week
Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Use our equipped kitchen:
Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Between 21 and 45 years old
Only hosts solo volunteers (doesn’t accept couples or pairs)
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Activities & Shift
What the basic duties will be:
1. Planning and carrying out events and activities at the hostel. Guest Relations.
2. Changing beds, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping and mopping, laundry, and general housekeeping.
3. Answering the phone and taking messages if needed.
4. Checking in people using our PC and managing reservations
5. Laying out breakfast, keeping the food and drinks stocked, and checking out people.
6. On the overnight shift, being there for guests in case they get locked out, in case of emergencies, make sure they don't burn the place down; but mainly you can sleep. We try to keep the guests well informed so they don't have to knock on the door all night.
7. Keeping your room/bed neat at all times as you will sometimes be sharing the room with a guest.
8. Help pick up the hostel whenever needed: wash dishes left in the sink, put away dishes left to dry, take out trash when full