It is a multi-task job. You will be working from farming&gardening (mainly), to cleaning&cooking, construction&maintenance and organization of events&workshops. * É uma posição multi-funcional. Você trabalhará com agricultura&jardinagem (principalmente), também cozinha&limpeza, construção&manutenção da fazenda e por último, organização de eventos e workshops.
25 hours of help per week
Animal Care: Help look after and take care of animals.
Handyman: Help with a wide range of repairs or building.
Farming: Plant crops, sow seeds and help in outside tasks.
Gardening: Help grow plants and cultivate gardens
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
Free Laundry: You can use our laundry room freely.
Pick Up: We will pick you up when you arrive, and take you to our property.
Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We have two vegetable gardens, chicken coop and fruit orchard using concepts of agroforestry, permaculture and agroecology.
A rural shop on the farm's entrance was built and its focus is on selling natural and rural products, having also a cafe area.
Together with the shop we have built a room to host workshops, courses,cultural events, yoga/meditation classes.
On the one hand, the farm exists to produce healthy and nutritious food in accordance with the natural processes, to find a way of doing business in a sustainable and fair way, and to relate to ourselves in a harmonious way (sometimes through disharmony! :) ). A place to live authentically with self-responsibility.
On the other hand, we want to build a safe place for people to go inwards.. To deepen one's awareness, know oneself, heal oneself and awaken one's Consciousness.
- Farming and gardening - preparing the soil, planting/harvesting veggies, mulching, landscaping, composting, planting trees and other farming tasks. The work here can be hard sometimes, but will obviously be done according to the conditions of each person;
- Taking care of animals (dogs and chickens) - feeding, watering, cleaning their installations, composting their manure;
- Cleaning - We need to keep our house and yards tidy. We appreciate and put emphasis on having organized and harmonic common/personal spaces;
- Cooking - We will cook all our meals and will normally take shifts to split it. We love to have people who enjoy cooking and care about our food :)
- Work in construction (mainly eco-building), fences and maintanence of the farm in general
- Social media & photography - keep the shop's social media profiles updated;
- Art work to beautify and harmonize the place.
There are 3 rooms available in two houses, the main house and the guest house. Accomodation will be shared or not according to the number of people and availability of the rooms. Normally we take from 1 to 6 volunteers.
As a volunteer, you will join us in preparing meals communally and cleaning the dishes. The food is not included in the work exchange, though we put effort to be as cheap as possible. If you want to see another arrangement or cook your own food, let us know.
We go every 2x/week to town for groceries shopping and you can list any extra food you need.
There is access to a washing machine, just please bring some washing powder if you can or contribute to what you use.