Our project is social and aims to improve the quality of life of children in need, in addition we carry out the environmental work, considering the need to preserve the natural paradises that were taken by an aggressive tourism. Nevertheless the volunteer will still have the opportunity to evolve or learn to surf and know beaches, waterfalls, trails and other optional activities in the region such as capoeira, SUP, yoga and etc.
18 hours of help per week
Teaching Sports: Organize and teach different sports and activities.
Social Work: Help the local community.
2 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Discounts on Restaurants: Yummy! Get discounts and grab a bite.
Surfboards: Right on, dude! Free to use surfboards.
Surf lessons: Hang loose, mate! Join our surf classes.
Beginner Portuguese or Beginner English
Over 18 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
We are the Surf Exchange project, which aims to integrate the practice of Surfing Volunteer Work, thus helping children in need of diverse communities.
We have projects in Brazil (Praia da Pipa and Itacaré) and in South Africa (Capet Town and J'Bay).
Our project involves a cost of food, lodging and surfing lessons for the volunteer, and we always have agreements with local restaurants and hostels, and we get the best prices, very affordable, since they know that we are doing social and environmental work in Local community. Volunteer work is approximately 2 hours a day, so volunteers will have plenty of free time to get to know the place and enjoy your trip! Contact us to better understand the costs to cover your trip.
* Voluntary work to help the needy children in the surf world (Normally during the morning, varying according to the climatic conditions);
* Environmental work of cleaning beaches and help in the spawning of turtles (Normally during the afternoon, varying according to the climatic conditions);
* Volunteer Surfing Lessons Normally in the morning, varying according to the weather conditions)
* The Volunteer must sign a term of responsibility;
* To know more about the costs of accommodation, food, surfing lessons, as well as donation to social projects contact us.