We're currently bringing an abandoned >7000 sq ft nursing home built in 1925 back to life to turn it into a BIKE & BED lodge. To get the project online, we are looking for passionate marketer to help us on a wide variety of projects. Ideal volunteer has marketing experience and experience in photography and videography will be a plus. Attention to details and project ownership will be necessary for this position.
5 hours of help per day
Video Making: Create digital videos.
Photography: Take great photos.
Social Media: Help to build and maintain social media channels engaging online users.
3 days off per week
Shared Dorm: Be ready to meet people while staying in a shared dorm.
Team Dorm: You're part of a team! Get to know them in your dormitory.
Breakfast: Get your free breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Lunch: Free lunch is served y'all, get yours!
Dinner: Have your free dinner before going to bed.
Cook your own meal: Feel free to prepare your own meal here
Free Laundry: There's a special place where all the clothes get cleaned for free.
Bikes at your disposal: Hop on my bike, baby! Free to use bicycles.
Language lessons: Learn or improve your language skills.
Over 21 years old
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
*️️️️️️️️️ Minimum Stay: 2 week
*️️️️️️️️️ Work Days: Monday through Friday 10am to 3pm
*️️️️️️️️️ Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
LOCATION (15 minutes or less from most of Detroit's major attractions)
*️️️️️️️️️ 3.2km (2 miles) from Downtown Detroit
*️️️️️️️️️ 1.6km (1 mile) from Belle Isle (Detroit's famous & beautiful island park)
*️️️️️️️️️ Bikes are an important part of our regular transportation and as a volunteer you will have access to a bike during your stay so you can explore the city
*️️️️️️️️️ Single bed in shared room or private room depending on availability
*️️️️️️️️️ Groceries & basic food are included. Usually someone in the group volunteers to cook lunch/dinner for everyone so we can have a nice meal after our daily work. If there is something specific you'd like please mark the things you want on our white board in our kitchen.
This position will work on a project to project base and the volunteer will work with us together the set the goals and bring the project to completion. Jenny & Alex both have a strong background of marketing with over 10 years of experience and we are confident to provide the guidance needed.
Addition to the marketing related work, you can also choose to help on:
- Community Work
All volunteers should:
- Help guests check-in when they arrive
- Post their fun moment during their stay on our facebook group
- Turn on/off the external light of the house depending on the time of the day
- Clean up after yourself
Spirit of the House:
- Mi casa es su casa: Treat our house like yours. Have a great time. Clean up after yourself. Leave the space better for the next traveller if you can.
- Keep Learning: We've all done things for the first time. Take the challenge and you will learn. When you face a challenge with your work, come to us with a suggestion instead of a question. Look around and if you see things could be done better? Change it.
- Work Hard Play Hard: How much you put into this experience will change how much you get out of the experience. Value your time and don't forget your initial goals of your stay.