Install new solar panels with us!
We are a community of creative travelers in the South of France. We have a range of projects which require strong, fit workers who can handle heavy lifting and have experience with tools, building and construction. You will mainly work on building a retaining wall for our living space, along with a team of other workers. Come and join our off-grid community and put your skills into practice with purpose!
25 hours of help per week
Help with a wide range of repairs or building.
What you get
2 days off per week
You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other people.
You are entitled to a free breakfast, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free lunch, every day of your stay.
You are entitled to a free dinner, every day of your stay.
You can use our laundry room freely.
Bikes at your disposal:
You can use our bikes any time you want.
Over 18 years old
Accepts solo applications and also couples and pairs
What's not included
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Depending on your skills you can make your own team of coolcats to do any of the various construction jobs.
Don't worry that they are boring, repetitive jobs. All of them require you to think technically and to make important decisions.
What are we constructing?
Think about building a tipi, upcycling a Peugeot 404, making a cat sculpture or building a wall.
Activities & Shift
At the beginning of the day, you’ll work on the projects we are doing as Catfarm. The second half of the day (usually after lunch), you can do any project you like, as long it benefits the community.
* We work about 25 hours a week. (ex. household tasks)
* Mondays we have a community meeting.
* You pitch your goals for the week and update team members.
* Workdays start at 10 am.
* Hours can vary depending on how much we have to do.
* Everyone pays 5 euro per day. This includes all food.
* We all cook and eat together :)
* We all have to do the cleaning up.
* Basic tasks like picking up waste food, maintaining the farm, receiving guests, etc. are equally
shared between all cats.
* Be nice and happy and bring a sleeping bag + towel :)
* We are very easy going but it's really important that you have the mentality that you
are coming here to learn something and to contribute to the project.
* We expect that you tell us your goals for the week and what you will be working on.
* Be flexible with the working hours.
* Be assertive and self-organised.
* Come up with your own solutions to keep the community together and make our system work better.
* Be engaged with the idea of sustainability
* Please send us examples of your work and/or involvement in other projects you have done before.
A tent might be necessary, depending on when you would like to arrive.
Read our profile for more information about our community!
Please don’t email us but sign up here!