Updated: September, 2023.
Currently in Colombia, back in Lima in Dec 2023
This is NOT a hostel, but a personal project aimed to become an educational & cultural spot in the neighborhood. It means, you will NOT work following a set of rules to make profits for a bussiness, but to participate with ideas/creativity/emotions/action to develop a social-aimed venture.
Please, before introducing yourself, which is very nice, ask me if the days you apply are available to welcome you. Applications are accepted in order of arrival and mutual agreement :)
- Wide garden, bedroom, living room, little kitchen. They all are simple. Any area is shared.
- Breakfast will be provided by the host the work days. However, the lunch and dinner can be cooked in the kitchen by the guest/volunteer/friend. I am flexible to talk about these and other clauses.
- You handle to organize your work hours/days.
- Welcome cocktail or typical Peruvian meal.
- Detailed advice on transport or interesting spots in the area or the country (I've traveled in 23 of the 24 departments of Peru, in most of the cases by bicycle).
- 2 travel bicycles available.
- Travel tips, guide book loans, magazines and national tourism sketches.
- Spanish lessons (I work online as a Spanish teacher sometimes) and immersion in Peruvian cultures (I am about to get my 2nd degree in Cultural Anthropology)
- Tourist guidance, camping or traveling (depending on the common motivations).
IN LURÍN YOU MAY VISIT:
[ https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1CP5LZzBkI5zoJvDB6GkIG5RXyjA9Cico&ll=-12.280753999999977%2C-76.8706899&z=13 ]
- Temple of Pachacámac (one of the most important oracle sanctuaries of Abya Yala. Pachacámac is the ancestral num god with demiurgic powers, whose name etymologically means "Soul of the Earth, the one that animates the world").
- San Pedro Beach, Arica beach, El Silencio beach, among others.
- Islands of Cavillaca (2 km from the coast, its name is based on a beautiful myth. Coast has marine wildlife).
- Lomas de Lúcumo (flora and wildlife of a desert ecosystem moistened by sea breezes, with greater splendor between May and November).
- Diverse restaurants (fresh seafood and fruits from local fields).
- Ichimay wari (neighborhood of southern craftsmen).
- Nursery gardens.
- Inochy Lútico Center (Collection of stones from different regions)
- Cerro Centinela (It has an Inca cemetery on the top, demanding hard trekking).
- Near Chilca (UFO sighting and contact area, archaeological ruins, beaches, energy pools with medicinal muds, local gastronomy).
- Near the cemetery of Nueva Esperanza (the second largest necropolis in the world).
Don't hestite to ask me anything if you have further queries.
I spend most of my time in the germinal project of Bauwasi, where I live alone. However, I frequently receive travelers of different platforms. I have already hosted over 80 travelers from different continents, who I keep in touch with after long years of friendships.
What else? Just ask me, I am open to share any story of my life. I recommend you to check out my CS profile, where I introduce myself in a more detailed way and have most of my guests' references. Warm hugs! :)