Heidi's Cafe (Ansteys Beach Backpackers)
The cafe is a rustic, comfortable, homely spot to hang out after an early morning surf, time on the beach, or to just come enjoy some simple, good food. We specialise in breakfasts, coffee and home baked goods. Although our place is small, it is gets busy at times and theres always an interesting mix of people around. ☺️
Durban is a multicultural city, and from our amazing local staff and our place being situated inside a beachy backpackers, you will get to experience so many different cultural experiences and meet lots of interesting people.
Our area is a pretty quiet suburb and most activities happen in Durban/Town (±15-20 minutes drive) so we often go into Durban to go out and then come home to our little 'paradise' :)
We do have a municipal bus service as well as a shuttle service if you don't have your own car.
Some things to see and do:
- Great swimming and surfing beach out front with an abundance of marine life – dolphins, whales, and turtles are often spotted. We also offer surf lessons so maybe you can learn to surf while you are here :)
- Awesome rock pools to explore at low tide.
- Ushaka Marine World, Moses Mabhida Stadium, ICC, Victoria Street Market, Kwa Muhle Museum are all in the Durban City Centre area.
- Hiking in Kranskloof.
- Mountain biking in Giba Gorge
- Fresh produce and craft markets every weekend.
- Loads of nice bars/restaurants in Durban.
- Cycling, diving, skating, snorkeling, walking, yoga.
- The Game Parks (Hluhluwe, Tala), Drakensberg Mountains, Midlands Meander and the Battlefields are all within a 3 hour radius from our establishment.
We have two shopping centres in the area which are a few minutes drive or a 25 minute walk. (Grocery stores, clothing, resturants, etc.)
Hiii ☺️ My name is Heidi. I’m a relaxed and easy going 23 year old who likes surfing, drinking coffee and hanging out with fun people. If you are a people friendly, easygoing person with experience working in coffee shops and cafes and would love to be part of a happy team, then please contact us! We are looking for someone (preferably female) who is a quick learner and is eager to learn new things. We already have two ladies who work in the kitchen and do most of the cooking and cleaning as well as myself who works front of house.
We want someone to help with front of house which includes:
- serving customers
- taking orders
- making drinks
- food prep
- cash up
- keeping the customers happy :)
The café is open from Tuesday – Sunday (7am- 12pm: ± 5hours). We need help on weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) and possibly a day or two during the week. The café is a relaxed environment to work in but it does get busy, so multitasking and being quick on your feet is a must. We often like to have fun and joke with our customers so a sense of humour is required ;)
Additional work is available in the backpackers if you’re wanting to keep busy when not working in the café. This includes lots of odd jobs from gardening, to painting, dealing with guests, etc.