Omeida Language College
Yangshuo is a fairy-tale town nestled between the mountains and its history dates back many years making it filled with traditional culture. When traveling through this town you will see incredible landscapes of the karst-mountains and amazing scenes of the traditional fishermen along the river banks. Even though Yangshuo is a small town in a big natural playground, it still caters abundant nightlife boasting with the popular West street filled with cafe's bars and traditional Chinese shops to meet any and everyone's needs.
Omeida Family is a home for the people who long to experience life on a deeper level, this is a place where you will find like-minded individuals who are interested in deep culture, a peaceful lifestyle with less stress and who share the importance of giving back to other peoples lives.
Omeida’s volunteer program is a fantastic option for people who want to spend some time in Yangshuo and gain experience in English tutoring. The program operates year-round and is available for those who are proficient in the English language. This is an excellent way to learn about Chinese culture, develop new skills, and add some international experience to your resume.
As a volunteer you can choose to commit one or two hours per day for conversation with Chinese students learning English;
In return, For one hour you will receive free shared accommodation
Or two hours you will receive meals in the school canteen.
This is only required Monday through Friday so you have the weekends to explore beautiful Yangshuo!
1. Native or excellent English speakers
2. Love students and communication
3. Passionate, hospitable, patient and flexible
1. 1 or 2 hours of English chatting with students, most of whom are adults and well motivated; 5 days a week, Monday to Friday
2. Assist the student service department and attend social night.
1. Free Accommodation. 2 volunteers will have a shared room, with bathroom and facilities.
2. Paid electricity 100 kw/ room/ month. Free water use during the program period.
3. Paid meals from Monday to Friday. Omeida pays for lunch and dinner for volunteers from Monday to Friday if our volunteer has meals in the school canteen.
4. Chances to know more of the Chinese culture and make more friends by joining our activities.
5. Opportunities to join various outdoor activities in Yangshuo, kayaking, cycling, rafting and rock-climbing.