"Ask not what Soulfire Farm can do for you, ask what you can do for Soulfire Farm"
Host Type: Family farm, Farm, Homestead
Area of my property: 1.90 hectares
Organic/biological methods used on my property:
No chemical fertilizers or pesticides are used on the property.
Bio-Dynamic, Composting, Ecological farming, Grazing Management, Green manure, Mulching, No-Till Agriculture, Pasture Management, Permaculture, Without chemicals or pesticides
aquaculture/fish or shellfish farm, energy production, forestry, gardens, vegetable, gourmet cooking, internships, medicinal herbs, orchards, self-sufficiency, solar energy, wood-working
cats, chickens, dogs, ducks, fish, guineafowl, sheep
- none -
We are a young family living in Panama for the past 8 years. Laura , Luca , Mia , and myself Emy , we also have four cats, two dogs, a bunch of chickens and ducks, and 5 sheeps
We are located on the island of Solarte, surrounded by rainforest and right on the Caribbean sea. Volunteers can explore the amazing jungle trails, take a dip in the sea right off our dock, take the kayak to the nearby reefs, go fishing, snorkeling or explore the amazing jungle, and enjoy the great outdoors during to visit this magical island.
We are located only 5 minutes by boat from the famous Red Frog Beach; or 40 minutes by kayak.
The island is mainly inhabited except for a few homes.
Work Hours: 25hrs a week
Minimum Commitment: 2 weeks, preferably longer.
There's a private cabin and bathroom for the volunteers to stay in, we also have power and WIFI in common areas.
Join us on this great journey!
To learn more about our project please visit our:
Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/soulfirebnb/
- There are no roads on this island, there are also no stores, bars or restaurants. The only way in and out is by boat.
- Due to our secluded Island location transportation is only available by boat and can be very expensive. It costs $25-$30 for a one-person round trip to the main island. If you plan on leaving our Island regularly be sure to bring enough cash. Credit cards aren't accepted for transport.
- Beds are equipped with screen nets, but keep in mind bugs can get a bit annoying at certain times of the day. If you are easily bugged by bugs :-) be sure to bring long-sleeve clothing and bug spray.
- If you are looking for a social life, nightlife, etc... we're probably not a good fit for you due to our location... Also, keep in mind that during night hours the boat fares are double. You can expect to pay $40-$50 for a 1 person round trip during night hours.
- Please let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate to the vegan diet as most of our meals are meat-based or contain animal products. Additionally, if the killing of an animal (for food) is something that bothers you, perhaps we're not the best fit for you.
We are a young family living in Panama for the past 8 years. Laura, Luca, Mia, and myself Emy, we also have Four cats and two dogs.
Our vision for the future is to design and develop a Permaculture food forest and self-sustainable homestead. We also plan on building a few rental cabins in the near future.
Although we are still in the early stages of this lifelong project, we feel very optimistic about the great future that awaits us and we look forward to living a simpler more sustainable way of life surrounded and connected by nature.
Our current accommodation for volunteers includes a shared room/cabin
We offer two meals.
Water is drinkable, hot shower and WI-FI are available.
Our property has water access and a kayak you can borrow to explore around the bay, there are several small reefs nearby and the closest beach is 40minutes by kayak or 5 minutes by boat.