Fully immerse yourself in the Colombian culture and Spanish learning. We are a Spanish school for foreigners that offers an immersive experience in the local culture. Accommodation is in a beautiful and peaceful place nestled among the mountains. Classes are taught by professional and experienced teachers, and the meals are prepared with the delicious seasoning of a Colombian grandmother.
We are located just outside of Jericó, a 30-minute walk or a 10-minute tuk-tuk ride away. Our school is surrounded by a beautiful landscape of mountains and trees. In the mornings, you can breathe pure and fresh air, making it perfect for studying, reading, or practicing yoga while listening to the birds sing. the nights are quiet, with only the sounds of nature lulling you to sleep.
Moreover, Jericó is a charming and small town, just 2.5 hours southwest of Medellin. It enjoys an average temperature ranging from 14°C to 23°C (57°F to 73°F) and it is surrounded by green forests and mountains that hide beautiful views, rivers, and waterfalls. In addition, Jericó offers many activities that you can do in your free time. In the afternoons, you can go to the river, take nature walks, or go hiking to the marvelous "Las Nubes" viewpoint. Walking through the town itself is a magical experience, as Jericó has been of great importance in the economic and cultural development of the Antioquia department. This is why it's known as "La Atenas del Suroeste" (The Athens of the Southwest). Today, it has a great variety of museums and historical sites. In addition, its colonial architecture, streets, buildings, botanical garden, numerous churches, and central square make it a wonderful place to explore. It's also a designated "Pueblo Patrimonio" (heritage town) of Colombia since 2013. Not to forget, Jericó's gastronomy and coffee tradition are notable. It features a wide range of restaurants serving exquisite food, and its coffee is renowned as some of the best in Antioquia.
Be part of the Spanglish Colombia family with our volunteer package and immerse yourself in the local culture and Spanish learning. Support us in various tasks at our school, such as marketing, gardening, cleaning, or teaching English/your native language, among others.
In summary, you will enjoy the following:
• 10 hours of group classes led by professional and experienced teachers (option to add 4 hours of 1:1 private lessons).
• Accommodation from Sunday to Sunday in a shared room, in a peaceful, clean, and welcoming place with a beautiful mountain and tree landscape.
• Delicious traditional local breakfasts from Monday to Friday (vegetarian and vegan options available).
• Delicious lunches with the seasoning of a Colombian grandmother from Monday to Friday (vegetarian and vegan options available).
• Shared and very clean bathroom with hot water.
• Various activities at the school you can participate in, such as billiards and beer nights, movies, card games, campfires, and cooking dinner together.
• Insurance while you are in our facilities.
• 15 hours of work on various tasks at our school.
We hope to see you soon!