Treasure State Hostel
If you're the type of person who loves to be surrounded by a scenic and lively backdrop while helping people get familiar with an awesome town, we are the place for you! We are a small hostel (40 beds) in the middle of downtown Bozeman. We are looking for friendly, active and fun people to come work part-time in exchange for a place to stay and some food. Our location is right in the center of town. It is a very short walk to all the popular nightlight, restaurants and other attractions. We have Bridger Bowl and Big Sky to ski and snowboard at (a bus goes to these ski resorts for those who do not have a car) and Yellowstone National Park is about an hour away. Montana State University adds overs 17,000 students and a young pulse to our town during the school year along with fun sports events and concerts. We ask that you are an easy-going and dynamic person while also having a solid work-ethic. Outdoor enthusiasts welcome!
Seeing as we are a business, we are required to pay each Workawayer hourly in addition to accommodations being provided. The hourly rate is dependent on experience and availability for us. Payment amounts will be discussed and agreed upon BEFORE your arrival.
Steps in our process:
1. Reach out! Tell us about yourself, any vital information about your stay and dates you can come.
2. We WILL respond. We are new to World packers but will write back to you as soon as we see the request. We may not have space at the time you want to come, but will always communicate that to you if that's the case.
3. We will schedule a FaceTime or Skype interview that works for the both of us.
4. During the video interview, I will tell you all about us! If you have any questions at the end, please feel free to ask.
5. If what we offer is a good fit and we can host you, we will set a tentative date for your arrival.
6. This one is important: You must send a CONFIRMATION of your arrival date and text me every 3 weeks (or so) to keep communication going. We have an incredible amount of Workawayers interested in our property and some we lose touch with after the video chat. I will assume you are not coming if I don't get a confirmation AND communication for the weeks leading up to your stay.
7. Text us a couple days before you come to ensure we can either pick you up from the airport (we also have parking for those driving in) or are ready for you when you arrive.
One month is typically our minimum for Worldpackers to stay, but we have made exceptions in busier times (Christmas break, etc.)
Thank you for reading all of this and Happy Trails!
It is easy, but fun. I mostly need help with someone watching the front desk/ checking guests in. Some hours per week will be spent cleaning the hostel. We may need other basic help, but this is mainly a laid-back job with 20 hours per week. We say "laid back" but please know that we do take responsibilities seriously. While you are on shift, you will be expected to treat this like a regular job and to respect our business and how it operates :) Our staff is the type that "goes with the flow" but also isn't afraid to get work done! I'm always willing to go the extra mile for my wonderful staff that goes the extra mile for us.