Help us with daily tasks!
As a meditation retreat center we rely on volunteer support for all our operations, and we would be happy for you to join us.
Typically, your responsibilities will be in housekeeping, garden/grounds, or the kitchen (sometimes all three), although you may also help run programs. All staff help with dishes.
As part of our community, you will have unparalleled access to our teachers, and may participate in most programs, space and time permitting.
30 horas por semana
Ajudante de Cozinha:
Ajude a preparar, finalizar e servir refeições.
Ajuda na Limpeza:
Ajude a limpar cozinhas, quartos, banheiros e outros espaços.
Ajude a trocar roupas de camas e a manter um ambiente arrumado.
Ajude recebendo e atendendo hóspedes.
O que você recebe
2 dias livres por semana
Você terá uma cama em um quarto privado, ou seja, um quarto só para você
Café da manhã:
Você ganha café da manhã gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha almoço gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha jantar gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você pode usar nossa lavanderia gratuitamente.
Carona na chegada:
Te buscamos na sua chegada a cidade e damos uma carona até aqui.
Aulas de Yoga:
Participe gratuitamente das aulas de yoga no nosso espaço.
Tem que ter pelo menos 18 anos
Visto dos Estados Unidos
Recebe voluntários sozinhos, casais e duplas de voluntários
O que não está incluso
Passagens, seguro viagem, transporte e visto
In bringing the openness, warmth, and clarity found during meditation into your volunteer service you are able to put the teachings into practice. In our intimate setting, volunteers work closely with teachers and senior practitioners to bring extraordinary programs to our guests. Together we create an experience that has the potential to transform lives.
In exchange for 6-8 hours of work a day, you receive:
• A free room private bedroom with shared bath
• Three delicious, vegetarian meals a day from our gourmet farm-to-table kitchen
• Daily community practice through our morning salutation and meditation program
• Twice weekly group instruction and practice through our Sunday and Tuesday mediation programs
• Unparalleled access to our teachers
• Free attendance at most Dharmakaya-produced programs, schedule permitting
Atividades & Turnos
Kitchen duties: Tasks include assisting the chef with food preparation, organizing supplies in the pantry and refrigerators, washing pots and pans, and cleaning up the kitchen and serving areas.
Facilities and Grounds: Warm-weather tasks include gardening, lawn and trail maintenance, and tree husbandry, as well as projects like window washing. Work during the winter months includes snow removal. Year around we keep the systems running and buildings in good repair. Maintenance and landscaping experience is preferred (though not required), but you must be able to do physical labor in variable weather conditions.
Housekeeping: Tasks range from making beds and doing laundry to washing floors and windows in order to keep our common spaces, bedrooms, bathrooms, storage areas and offices clean and in order. We welcome an appreciation for cleanliness and order—and attention to detail.
We seek volunteers who are professional and committed to providing exemplary service. Every interaction you have with retreatants, teachers and colleagues impacts the overall Dharmakaya experience—including yours.
• Enthusiastic, resilient and thoughtful demeanor
• Physical, mental and emotional stability
• The desire and ability to fulfill your commitment
• The discipline to commit to a schedule or process, including timeliness
• Strong aspiration and openness to learn
• An established meditation practice or strong intention to establish one
• The ability to take direction
• A friendly helpful manner towards guests, volunteers, staff and vendors
• The ability to live and work in in close proximity to others and to participate in community life
• A commitment to our values and code of conduct