Help us with home repairs =)
As a nonprofit retreat center, we rely on volunteer support for all our operations; we would be happy for you to join us. You will find it’s an opportunity both to give back through service, and to deepen your own personal development. Typically, your responsibilities will help maintain the facility and the grounds, although you may also help with certain housekeeping tasks. All staff help with dishwashing.
Como você ajuda
30 horas por semana
Pintura e Decoração:
Ajude a pintar ou redecorar espaços internos e externos.
Ajude em reparos, manutenção ou a construir.
Ajude a plantar, regar e cultivar jardins.
O que você recebe
2 dias livres por semana
Você terá uma cama em um quarto privado, ou seja, um quarto só para você
Café da manhã:
Você ganha café da manhã gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha almoço gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você ganha jantar gratuito todos os dias que ficar aqui.
Você pode usar nossa lavanderia gratuitamente.
Carona na chegada:
Te buscamos na sua chegada a cidade e damos uma carona até aqui.
Aulas de Yoga:
Participe gratuitamente das aulas de yoga no nosso espaço.
Participe gratuitamente de atividades terapêuticas no nosso espaço.
Tem que ter pelo menos 18 anos
Visto dos Estados Unidos
Recebe voluntários sozinhos, casais e duplas de voluntários
O que não está incluso
Passagens, seguro viagem, transporte e visto
In bringing the openness, warmth, and clarity found through meditation into your volunteer service you are able to put the teachings into practice. In our intimate setting, volunteers work closely with teachers and senior practitioners to bring extraordinary programs to our guests. Together we create an experience that has the potential to transform lives.
In exchange for 8 hours of work a day, you receive:
• A free room private bedroom with shared bath
• Three delicious, vegetarian meals a day from our gourmet farm-to-table kitchen
• Daily community practice through our morning salutation and meditation program
• Twice weekly group instruction and practice through our Sunday and Tuesday mediation programs
• Unparalleled access to our teachers
• Free attendance at most Dharmakaya-produced programs, schedule permitting
Atividades & Turnos
We are blessed with a beautiful campus and the facilities team works to keep it that way. Warm-weather tasks include gardening, lawn and trail maintenance, and tree husbandry, as well as projects like window washing. Work during the winter months includes snow removal. Year around we keep the systems running and buildings in good repair. Maintenance and landscaping experience is preferred (though not required), but you must be able to do physical labor in variable weather conditions.
We seek volunteers who are professional and committed to providing exemplary service. Every interaction you have with retreatants, teachers and colleagues impacts the overall Dharmakaya experience—including yours.
• Enthusiastic, resilient and thoughtful demeanor
• Physical, mental and emotional stability
• The desire and ability to fulfill your commitment
• The discipline to commit to a schedule or process, including timeliness
• Strong aspiration and openness to learn
• An established meditation practice or strong intention to establish one
• The ability to take direction
• A friendly helpful manner towards guests, volunteers, staff and vendors
• The ability to live and work in in close proximity to others and to participate in community life
• A commitment to our values and code of conduct
• A sense of humor is also helpful.