1. SOCIAL CONTEXT Ho Chi Minh City, despite being known as the most developed city in Vietnam, still lacks qualified English teachers, especially for Primary and Junior high schools. Some schools even assign teachers of other majors like Maths or Literature to teach English. Moreover, teaching method does not focus on communication but grammar rules and translation.
18 horas por semana
Ensinar idiomas: Ensine um idioma para hóspedes ou comunidades locais.
2 dias livres por semana
Quarto privado: Um quarto privado para relaxar e ter um tempo para você.
Quarto compartilhado: Conheça uma galera ficando em um quarto compartilhado.
Almoço: Você ganha um almoço delícia diariamente.
Jantar: Você ganha um jantar preparado com amor diariamente.
Lavanderia gratuita: A lavanderia é por nossa conta.
Tours na faixa!: Te levamos para conhecer as verdadeiras atrações!
Bicicletas à vontade: Use nossas bikes à vonts, quando quiser.
Carona na chegada: Te buscamos e damos uma caroninha até aqui.
Aulas de idiomas: Aprenda ou melhore uma outra língua. Oh yeah.
Certificado: Ganhe um certificado de conclusão quando for embora.
Entre 18 e 70 anos
Passagens, seguro viagem, transporte e visto
However, the gap between the rich and the poor in Ho Chi Minh City has been proved increasing instantly. Moreover, the unemployment rate is also climbing. This means not all families can afford continuous extra English courses for their children.
2. PROGRAM MISSION
The English Teaching Volunteer program aims at:
- Provide disadvantaged students in Ho Chi Minh City with free- of- charge English lessons
- Create an environment where children can learn and speak English with international volunteers to improve their fluency
- Boost children’s confidence through activities and games, which are carefully designed by specialists and volunteers
- Bring both local children and international volunteers chance to exchange their cultures and enhance intercultural communication
- Benefit young volunteers, both Vietnamese and international, in terms of experiences and life skills
3. TIME AND PLACES
Available all year round
- Monday- Friday: 3 hours/ day
- Weekends: 5 hours/day
Places: local schools, churches and other children houses in some suburban districts, Ho Chi Minh City.
- First day: Volunteers are picked up at the airport and accompanied by a local coordinator to their hotel. There will be another briefing (online briefing is conducted before the trip) at the office of the organization.
- Week day:
For morning shift:
7.30: Breakfast at local restaurant
8.00: Travel to placement site by bus/ motorbike or taxi if necessary.
12.00: Lunch break at a nearby restaurant
For afternoon shift:
12.00: Lunch at a local restaurant
1.00: Travel to the placement site by bus/ motorbike or taxi if necessary
5.00: Work finishes
Volunteers can freely travel on their own around the city of nearby if they are off their duty.