Talk available only for verified members
Learn how to be an outstanding worldpacker, make money while traveling and live a lifestyle of great experiences and freedomBecome a verified member
Already a member? Log in
What it’s like to travel as a volunteer versus a tourist
In this video, Andrea explains how traveling as a Worldpackers volunteer is more impactful, more immersive, and more affordable than traveling as just a tourist.
Why should you watch this video?
For anyone who is wondering about the difference between just traveling somewhere as a tourist or volunteering, this video addresses those differences from a first-person perspective. Those who are curious about the benefits of volunteering, and for those who want a more in-depth cultural experience than just being a tourist, this is the video for you.
This video is part of the Certificate “How To Be An Outstanding Worldpacker”.
What you'll learn in this video:
- How volunteering is a two-way interaction between you and a place
- How the area where you are working becomes your home
- Examples of how you may learn new skills
- Examples of how to apply your existing skills to a volunteer experience
- Economic benefits of volunteering
This is video is perfect for:
- First-time travelers interested in volunteering
- First-time volunteers
- Travelers looking to save money
- Travelers looking to leave a positive impact on the places they visit